cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error activating CIF model for subcontractor PO w/component requirements

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello CIF experts,

I'm having a problem with the CIF POs and PReqs between ECC and SCM. If the CIF model is already active, then a subcontractor PO with component requirements is created (the material exists in SCM but the components do not exist in SCM) then the order CIFs successfully to SCM.

However, if the CIF model is deactive, then a subcontractor PO with component requirements is created (the material exists in SCM but the components do not exist in SCM), then when the CIF model is activated, it fails. The error is "Product x for location y in model z does not exist".

We do not want to send all components to SCM because we do not plan components and do not want to overload SCM with additional data.

Can anyone answer why the order CIFs successfully if the model is active but why it fails when trying to activate the model?

Much thanks,

Elizabeth

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I created OSS 68325 and it turned out to be a bug in the CIF. The component on the subcontracting order should not have been CIFed to APO. Note 1553282 was created and fixed the problem when applied.

aparna_ranganathan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Elizabeth

You have mentioned that you get an error that product X - loc Y does not exist in APO. Does this " product X" refer to the parent material or component material ? If the product X refers to component material then check your PO integration model and make sure the component is not included in the filter criteria by mistake - CFM5 tcode .

I understood your scenario and i believe that you must be able to transfer the parent subcontracting PO successfully to APO . Please delete the error queue and check your master data again in APO. Check if the parent material - location exists in APO and then create the integration model and activate it.

Thanks

Aparna