cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote Login (Trusted RFC)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

We use SAP Solution Manager to monitor several SAP satellite systems.

After we successfully defined 2 RFC connections (READ and TRUSTED) we can jump from RZ20 of SAP Solution Manager to satellite system, but only into the tcode from MTE of RZ20 (e.g. DB13, SM13).

By doing so we cannot after the jump into the satellite system call other tcodes within satellite system.

Can some one explain the procedure to allow the execution of several tcodes after the jump from SAP Solution Manager to satellite system?

The user within TRUSTED-RFC has all necessary authorizations (SAP_ALL, S_RFC, S_RFCACL)

Our RFC connection contains 2 SAP Routers.

Thank you very much!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Dear Tom,

I have seen this problem in the past and the issue is currently still being analysed by the IMS experts in component BC-CCM-MON.

As a workaround, you can call the new transaction with "/O", for example, /oSM13 Instead of using /n to call the new transaction.

I hope this helps you further,

With kind regards,

Marta

SolMan Team

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Marta,

many thanks for your reply.

Neither with the option /oSM13 nor /nsm13 we can execute any tcodes from the satellite system after jumping into the satellites system from SAP Solution Manager.

It is also not possible to jump from SAP Solution Manager --> SM59 --> <sid>_<client>_TRUSTED

into satellite system. By clicking on button "Remote Login" nothing happens and we get a error within satellite system (tcode SM21).

I guess our problem is that the RFC connections to the satellite system contains two sap routers...

Could please get the number of SAP message regarging this issue or provide more information?

0 Kudos

Hi Tom,

Sorry, but we cannot provide the numbers of messages from other customers and anyway it would not help you because in the message I mentioned the issue is related to opening a second modus with /n, but the customer is able to use the /o option.

Also as per the SolMan Developemnt colleagues, the issue is not with the System Monitoring(DSWP).

DSWP calls the CCMS FM to launch analysis action when an alert is selected. The analysis action for the satellite system is being launched in the same session for some alerts and a new session is opened for some alerts. DSWP is not deciding how to launch the analysis action.

Maybe your error might be related to authorizations, please check following note and ensure the trusted/trusting relationship is right: 128447 - Trusted/trusting systems

I have created a SAPMats container with a PPT presentation that you can check regarding the Trusted RFCs.

The link will be available within the next half hour for the next 21 days. You can then download the file from:

https://sapmats-us.sap-ag.de/download/download.cgi?id=G85OEX1X0KMWBOJTO1EPLKHV4UKH8AAKASUL6F87QV3HNQ...

I also recomnmend you to check the Netweaver Forums in the areas BC-MID-RFC and BC-CCM-MON where this kind of issues are treated and the experts have probably treated simialr issues in other threads.

Kind regards,

Marta

TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Tom

If you would use remote logon through transaction SM59 and your RFC user has enough authorization you should be able to run whatever you want in the sattelite SAP system.

If you get denial of a transaction you can check what authorization object is missing by running su53.

Kind regards

Tom