cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Row Level Restrictions on DeskI Report not working under InfoView

former_member795228
Discoverer
0 Kudos

When running/refreshing DesktopIntelligence XI r3 (Full Client) reports under InfoView, the row-level restrictions applied in the universe are not being included in the SQL (additional filtering is NOT happening). However, if a user creates a report using the same universe in WebIntelligence or if the user runs the same report in DesktopIntelligence, the row-level restrictions are working.

It strikes me that the problem has to do with security rights granted (or not granted), but I can't figure out which settings would allow the proper running of a DeskI report under InfoView.

Thanks for any assistance rendered!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mike,

Do people connect to Infoview and Deski using the same authentication method and the same username?

How does this compare to how your data restrictions are configured?

Are you using @Variable('BOUSER') restrictions? Have you taken domain into account e.g. "Domain\UserName" vs "UserName"?

former_member795228
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Thanks for responding!

I've since determined that the problem was due to the selection of the "Allow selection of multiple contexts" parameter. Once I disabled this parameter, the restrictions worked fine.

Former Member
0 Kudos

So the row level restriction is available to only one of the contexts?

By turning that off, you may have introduced a fan trap or reduced the functionality of the reports - have you checked your results and that other reports that use multiple contexts work?

former_member795228
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Yep, it's fine. Thanks!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Infoview is available to administrator only. If you have the admin permissions then only you can visit the Infoview. If you restrict the administrator in Row level Restrictions then it will work fine to you.

All the Best

Madhu.........

Former Member
0 Kudos

Madhu,

Anyone can access Infoview. It's the default landing page for Webi users and information consumers.