cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display Word Document in ABAP WebDynpro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have a number of word documents stored in the Business Document Navigator (Transaction OAOR) that we would like to display within a simple ABAP WebDynpro. Demo program SAPRDEMO_FORM_INTERFACE shows how to retrieve a document from BDS via class cl_bds_document_set. However, I am not seeing a similiar program for ABAP Web Dynpro.

I was hoping that WebDynpro test application IOS_TEST_SIMPLE_MS would do the trick; however that appears to only work for a MIME repository object. Is there a way to display these documents through ABAP WebDynpro? Can anyone point me to a sample program? Thanks.

John

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

reedtzj
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi John

Have a look at this thread [ Approach content repository other way then URL approach |;.

Thomas Jung delivers some (as always) excellent answers to a very similar problem. If the document is in DMS or BDS really doesn't matter so if I were you I would follow the "cached response" path.

Also, do a google-search for -- abap "cached response" -- and you will find some additional links here (Thomas has even more to offer...).

If you do follow this path please share some details as a follow up in this thread for the benefit of the community at large.

Regards, Johan

Answers (0)