cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAPOSCOL delays system startup.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Startup of SAPOSCOL process is a long process and need several minutes. At SAP instance startup, if the SAPOSCOL is started before the dispatcher, it must wait until SAPOSCOL is fully operative, delaying the availability of the system about 5 minutes.

I have different systems with same startup profiles and in ones SAPOSCOL starts before the dispatcher and in others starts after. Note that SAPOSCOL is not a critical process in our systems.

Is there any way to control the order of process startup ?

Actually we're experiencing the problem with kernel releases 7.00 and 7.01 ( both Unicode ).

Regards,

Joan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joan,

to get rid of saposcol in startprofiles at all, I recommend you to install the SAPHOSTAGENT (see SAP note 1031096). Saphostagent contains the SAPOSCOL which will run then in subsystem QUSRWRK and will be started automatically after IPL. Afterwards you can remove saposcol from any profile.

Best regards

Christoph

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You should check the startsap script. On AIX (hope that applies to i5/OS too) there is a part in the script that handles the saposcol start. If you edit it accordingly you could prevent saposcol to start at all or to start in another sequence.

Kind regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joan,

this has typical to do with the new recommendation (at least in 7.01) in the start profile:

Execute_nn = local $(DIR_EXECUTABLE)/saposcol$(FT_EXE)

I do no longer use this recommendation and change to:

Start_Program_nn = local $(DIR_EXECUTABLE)/saposcol$(FT_EXE)

(where "nn" is the highest number)

This typically helps ...

regards

Volker