cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to view actual Price updated 'Value' in Change Tracker

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was able to get my Change tracker to work and it is functioning. (SRM 5.0 MDM5.5 )... Configured Portal iViews for change tracker.

If I change a description I can see it in the change tracker application. But if I try and track a Price change it only shows me a date-time and user as to I when the price was changed it doesnu2019t show me the actual value changed, for my audit purposes.

On the portal the change tracker "Field" dropdown shows -> Price Updated. this is what is tracking any change of price.

In MDM Console-> Admin->Change Tracker I am tracking under Catalog Items: Price information, Price Updated, Special search terms, long description.

When I look at the Data manager in the Record Detail, I see u2018Price Updatedu2019 and it only has a Date and time stamp. In this same Record Detail, I see the field Price Information that contains :Lower bound, Purchasing Info record ID, Purchasing Organization, Amount and Currency. Amount-> contains the actual price value. This is what i want to see in the portal iView as Old value and New value....this is what I am unable to view? theres one small step i am not doing...

I am trying to track the actual change in the filed u2018Amountu2019u2026 I have tried to search for it in the Portal iView fields (table, record contains, fields, record)

cheers

alex

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

I would not here comment on change Tracking functionality but can you suggest another workaround to achieve this requirement. If it fits in your requirement you can go ahead with it.

In MDM, Create another field in Main table say Initial Price and for already existing field Amount replace its name with Updated Price in Qualified table Price.

now after this you will see that your by default Updated Price has values as it was your Amount field earlier and Initial Price field as empty. Now for next time, if any record comes using Import Manager then MDM workflow should trigger at Record Import.

This workflow contains following steps.

Start(Checkout)>Assign>Stop(CheckIn)

Assign step should have below expression and assignment:

Price Information.Updated Price

Where I am assuming Price Information is the field in main table which is look up to this qualified table Price.

So in this way you can maintain both existing and updated values of Price and cant then show in your Catalog.

suppose you have already existing record say 1 which has value of Amount as 20.

So that means you have Updated Price as 20 and Initial Price as empty(Null)

Now when same record 1 updates with new Amount say 40, it triggers this workflow on record import which will then assign value of existing updated Price 20 to Initial Field after that Updated Price will update by 40.

Note: This Assignment works well only if your main table record has this Qualified table link as single record. If your main table record contains more than one qualified links then this Assignment would not work fine. So use only if it fits.

Regards,

Mandeep Saini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mandeep

Interesting proposal but i am trying trying to use myexisting solution and make it work... we have already developed the Chnage tarcker portal iveiw and if we abandon that now it may not be too wise, since the client is looking for an audit trail that the chnage tracker provides.

cheers...