Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to do billing for Free of charge delivery item

former_member330517
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus ,

We have some requirement: The requirement is this company is delivering the goods to customer in free of charge, but want to do Billing is it possible.

But as per my knowledge it is not there in standard , I checked in system .

looking for your inputs .

Thanks in advance

Regards

Venkat

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkata,

This is very usual in Brazil because we have a Legal Requirement that all goods must have a Eletronic Nota Fiscal issued and following along with the goods. And the Eletronic Nota Fiscal is generated along with a Billing. Also, usually companies want to account this billing for a give Cash account, so they can cost someone for the free goods later.

Here is what usually changes. On sales order we require a Cost Center. This also may help modifying your OBYC for the free of goods material document (they will be set as consumption since there is a cost center associated with the transaction). We created a billing document type pointing to a z account document type (ie ZG) - to avoid mixing them along with the RV documents. Also, we inform a account key for cash allocation (the billing will not be accounted for a customer, but actually for a cash account). To do this you have to fool SAP informing an account determination cash settlement, which will allow you to inform the Acc.Key-cash alloc. field - after remember to blank the acc.det.cash settl.

It is not that easy, but works fine.

Regards,

André L L Dantas

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member330517
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you very much

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

Create separate account assignment group

New Pricing procedure

Separate G/L Account

assign the same in vkoa

it will hit G/l account- this is as good as selling regular material.

Consult your accounts people how to reconcile the same.

If your generating Proforma as suggested no need to do all the above.

regards,

mskgnt

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Venkat,

Can you clarify why the business wants to create billing for FD documents?

if it is only for information purpose , then they can create Pro-forma invoice. Else they want to have track of these FOC deliveris wrt: Billing.

Then create new billing type which is copy of std F2 & remove the account determination procedure from the billing type. Then billing will be created with Zero value & once you save the billing doucment , the status will get completed.

You can restrict this- for

-Cancellations

-Deletion of Delivery without cancelling this billing

-multiple creation of invoices wrt: Delivery

Hope either way you can opt based on your business requirement.

Regards,

Reazuddin MD

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

i think this is not possible because system cannot generate an accounting document with '0' value in it.

may be you can have a work around for it.

please let me know the exact requriment for the same.

regars,

balajia

former_member330517
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Balaji ,

Company is giving sample to customer free of charge , but they want to have some tracking on the delivery with some kind of billing proof they may be using this for thir audit perpose.

So for that reason i was asking is any possibility do billing ?

Hope it gives clear idea now

Looking for your inputs

Thanks in advance

Regards

Venkat

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Venkat,

You want to have accounting document generated for these FOC orders.

If you want only billing documents then you can go with the above replies.

else looking for Accounting document, maintain very nominal price just to create accounting doucmnets & book in Seperate G/L account.

So that you can net off -as & when required . and will have track also.

Regards,

Reazuddin MD