SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DM Device Management - Device Location Relpacement

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

in the project currently invovled we are facing a critical DM-BI issue, where the devices are technically installed in a device location and we want to change their technical installation. SAP IS-U standard functionalities are used in full scale, having technical installation and billing installation in two steps.

In more detail, the case is that within an existing customer (with contract account, contract, installation and technical and billing device installation) the device location is to be changed. Thus we want to technically remove the device from the intial device location and install (technical) the device in the new device location.

To achieve this, the preferable method, if possible, would be to make the changes, without any time slice created under the Devices tab, in the installation (tx: ES32), since Rate Data (billing installation data) are not changed. Trying to find the workaround solution, we got error message "Message no. EN048" (Tech. removal not possible because dev. yyyyyyyy is still allocated to inst. zzzzzz). Any help and/or advice would be very welcome.

In case it cannot be avoided, then we have to implement full removal and full installation, which however is in no case the preferred scenario, since it might create further confilcts with SAP estimations and billing printout form (the process is handled from the billing form as device replacement, although the device remains the same).

Any help is vey welcome,

Thank you in advance,

Bou.Lis

6 REPLIES 6

former_member215295
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bou,

We are having the same situation what was the solution you guys followed.

thanks,

VR

0 Kudos

Hi VR,

after thorough analysis of the issue, we followed the logic as below.

Device location is the technical positional object. Thus, it is not changing, in case the line (pipeline, etc) remains in the same address.

Additionally, we decided to use pm equipments (with particular equipment category and object type) so as to identify the technical object pipe, where the maintenance can take place. Classification data we had on device location is migrated on the newly created equipments. Dates are also available since pm equipments keep installation and dismantling dates.

Hope it helps your solution and provides a workaround as well. For further details, if required, since I may have forgotten something or might not be clear enough, please let me know.

Regards,

Bou.Lis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solved.

Recommendations are welcome.

Bou.Lis

Edited by: boulis on Dec 21, 2010 1:49 PM

0 Kudos

Hi Bou,

I found that there is a transaction code ES64 which you can use to change the device location of the device.

Thanks,

VR

0 Kudos

Hi VR.

Thanks for your feedback. Did you finally manage to do it using tx ES64, and if so, how?

I think we did come across it when investigating the issue but we could not make it work.

Could you share some details if any?

I tried the case Change Dev. in Dev. Loc., using as input the new device location and the existing device but I get the warning message E9033 Record not found in table EVBS

Regards,

Bou.Lis

0 Kudos

Hi Bou,

First you need to create the new device location and I believe you would have given the connection object and premise details in it. Table evbs belongs to Premise data, may be you have given wrong premise details in the device location or premise doesn't exist.

It worked fine for me to change the device location using ES64.

Thanks,

VR