cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PGI for stock that is not maintained ( not in our plant / warehouse)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am a SAP SD newbie and attended an interviiew and was asked this strange question.

Question: Can we do a PGI (post goods issue) for a material which is not maintained / stocked in our plant/warehouse?

As far as I know I don't think that we can do PGI for a material which is not stocked in our plant. Because, PGI involves picking, packing and delivery.

Please correct me if I'm wrong and please let me know if there is actually a way to do PGI for for a material which is not maintained / stocked in our plant/warehouse.

Thanks in advance,

Raj - SAP SD Newbie

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

this is to inform you that,

ok

Question: Can we do a PGI (post goods issue) for a material which is not maintained / stocked in our plant/warehouse?

if that is the case you will get an error called no material available XXXXXX - error.

what ever you said is 100% right.

to add some points:

1. owner ship rights will get transferred from company to customer with

COST OF GOODS SOLD A/C DR

to INVENTORY OF FINISHED GOODS A/C.

2.RG1 - tax registeralso gets updated for the same.

there are 6 to 7 impacts which an PGI does please go through liabrary for the same. out of which what you & stated are important

this solves your issue.

regards,

balajia

Edited by: balaji timmampalli achari on Nov 23, 2010 4:01 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Balaji,

I am aware of the impact of PGI (about 6,7 points)

The intention behind sharing such a question was that I wanted to double check

A. If a "Client Business Process" warrants such a requirement.

B. Is there a way actually in SD that I missed (just dbl checking), because the configuration settings in SAP are flexible and to a great extent client-driven (scenario driven.)

But thanks anyway and I think I've rewarded your answer as well

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In one way, the answer is YES. You can post the goods issue with item category TAX in which case, system will not check for stock. On the other hand, no it is not possible with standard item category TAN.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Lakshmipathi,

I found your answer very helpful and I will test it on my machine rightway. This is something that didnot occur to me instantly but will confirm to you only after I do MMBE for the item category TAX :).

Thanks once again,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

update the forum but i have a doubt you want to do PGI for stock item or non stock item.

regards,

balajia

Edited by: balaji timmampalli achari on Nov 23, 2010 4:30 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I agree with the view that the answer is YES and NO (I checked it out on my PC).

Yes, for TAX.

No, for TAN.

Thanks to both of you. I guess these are typical newbie questions