cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sched Line On Sales Order Not Updated with Network Date

Former Member
0 Kudos

My client is using Assembly to Order (ETO) where the sales order creates the network and project. The client wants all project date changes reflected on the sales order since many prior custom programs have been developed to read sales order dates. When the delivery date (network finish date) is moved out on the network (especially once any network activities are released) from the original requested delivery date on the sales order the scheduled line item is always updated correctly and the sales order dates match those on the project. However, if the date is moved to any earlier date, the sales order scheduled date remains unchanged. We are not using availability control since this is Engineer to Order. Is there any configuration we are missing which is causing the sales order dates to not move inward but only outward to match the network?

Thanks for any direction you can provide.

JB

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It turns out that there was in fact a user exit in SD that the customer had forgotten about from a prior implementation (originally for PP and not PS orders). Once we debugged we found it we proved the user exit caused the problem. The date changes between the sales order and project do flow as expected.

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is no standard configuration, that can cause this issue.

Please check with your ABAP consultant. He might need to change/ update the custom program that has been developed. With you description, I feel that, custom program is only reading the dates that are postponed & it's ignoring preponement of dates.

Regards,

Amaresh Makal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the quick response Amaresh,

Just for clarification- the custom programs are only used to read dates from SD line items and feed them out to a portal for customers to see anticipated delivery dates. They have no impact on date scheduling. That said...we want to understand if this is normal SAP behavior that the date on the sales order is NOT moved earlier but is moved later when a network is involved or if we are missing some configuration settings. I think this may be what you are saying but want to be sure we are on the same page.

Thanks again. I really appreciate any assistance we may get as we are at a loss.

Very Best Regards,

JB

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am not sure, but try this go to OPU6 for your network type and plant, select "Adjust basic date" option in the drop down

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is set to "Update Basic Dates' already.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are using a very similar MTO configuration and our dates from the project update the schedule line. Sometimes we need to select Edit - Overall Network Scheduling from the menu bar while in the Schedule Line tab to get the date to update.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.