cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webservice call from Interactive Adobe form

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please provide me the possible solution for the below mentioned issue.

1. Created a webdynpro application.

2. Kept the interactive form on the VIEW of this WDA. Adobe form has 10 fields and one submit button.

3. Now created a web service with only one importing parameter of type XSTRING.

4. I have given the webservice URL in the button properties by making it's type as "Execute"

Now my question is "How can we get all the filled values on the interactive form in the RFC of Webservice when i click on the submit button?".

Note: I should not add any other importing fields in the web service except the PDF string.

Regards,

Ram

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

I hope your inteesion is to get the values of 10 fields of the Adobe form in the RFC function module.

1) Create those 10 fields as the input parameter of the function module/web service

2) Do the configurations in SOAMANAGER

3) Create new data connection in the adobe form

4) Set the webservice url in the submit button

5) click all the 10 fielsd one by one. Go to the object palette-> binding tab ->Import/Export Bindings(Execute). and bind the values to the data connection.

6) On clicking the web service submit button, you will get the values in the function module.

Hope this will solve your problem

Thanks & Regards,

Sanoosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanoosh,

Thanks for your answer.

The way you proposed is working fine.

But i need the entire PDF string or XML of the form output as the importing parameter in webservice RFC.

If I don't want the individual fields in the RFC, is it possible to get the above(entire form output as PDF string)?

Regards,

Ram.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramalingaiah,

This is possible, follow the below steps.

1) Have a hidden field in the form lets say form1.subform.xmldata. or your webservice's import field will do

2) On the web service button click event have the below code

form1.subform.xmldata.rawValue =xfa.datasets.saveXML(); 

the entire form data would be saved as string in this field, now pass this value to u r webservice.

In your web service you do your xml parsing w.r.t your data structure.

Let me know if this helps else can send you a sample XDP for this.

Cheers,

sai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sai.

My problem got solved.

Edited by: Ramalingaiah Varikuti on Nov 26, 2010 2:20 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramalingaiah,

Good to hear that your problem solved.

Can you mark the post as answered and close it.

Cheers,

Sai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

Can you please tell me the exact TYPE of "xmldata" field.

I took it as STRING. is it ok?

Regards,

Ram.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I never worked on a requirement to process data from XML but I believe its XSTRING.

Cheers,

Sai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

Please provide me the solution for the below mentioned issue.

I have attached the webservice wsdl file to the SUBMIT button on my form (execute type) and binded all my form fields to the webservice importing structure fields..

Now the webservice got changed because of the addition of new fields in the common structure.

And iam uploading the new wsdl file in my existing data connection properties.

But it is giving an error saying as follows.

[0]:Page1[0]:Terms_and_conditions[0]:submit[0]:Submit_validate[0]:click

Error attempting to read from *filehttp://pwxaci.dmzwdf.sap.corp:1080/sap/bc/srt/rfc/sap/yrrprm_webservice/001/yrr_prm_webservice/yrr_prm_webservice*_

The bold one is the URL of my webservice.

Please suggest me the correction required if the webservice is changed.

Regards,

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramlingaiah,

if your earlier post is solved close it with the solution and raise a new thread.

Anyways... how are you making the changes...

This is how I Do.

1) Right click on the dataconnection.

2) change the properties.

3) finally when finished if there is any changes in the webservice signature only the changes will not have data binding others will still hold the old data binding.

4) I do the mapping to the new fields.

Then its done.

Let me know how you are doing it step by step.

Cheers,

Sai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

Verify in SE80 that wsdl is changed (regenerate wsdl and activate if required). Repeat all steps regarding republishing and change endpoint again.

Download the new WSDL and replace the data connection.

Thanks & Regards,

Sanoosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

I did the same as u suggested.

But still i am getting the same error.

XFAObject.execEvent:352:XFA:INPUT_DATA[0]:Page1[0]:Terms_and_conditions[0]:submit[0]:Submit_validate[0]:click

Error attempting to read from filehttp://xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxwebservice

Can you please tell that what might be the exact issue?.

Regards,

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

The following script given by you is generating the XML data and filling into the required attribute.

form1.subform.xmldata.rawValue =xfa.datasets.saveXML();

But the XML data does not contains the values that are filled by the user before clicking the button. This script is placed in the CLICK event of this button.

What could be the problem in not getting the user entered values in the XML data?

Please help me by resolving this issue.

Thanks & Regards,

Ram.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

The script has no issue, did it work earlier ..?

By any chance check if you have any other scripts is messing your data ...?

Cheers,

Sai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sai,

The script is working fine now and it is filling the XML data field on the form.

But if i try to submit the data to webservice by clicking of the button. It is not triggering the webservice if the XML data field is filled.

But the same webservice is getting triggered with out the XML data field filled...i.e with empty XML data field.

What could be the reson for this. I took the XML data field data element as XSTRING. Now this is the only importing parameter in the webservice.

Please help me...

Reagrds,

Ram.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramalingaiah

Did you solve your problem. i am also facing same problem. could you please let me know how did u resolve it.

Thanks