cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SD Billing - Avoid Cancellation Creation if Invoice has not been posted yet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I have noticed this problem in my company system.

Problem descripion:

- you creates an invoice and the system doesn't post it for any reason

- then you create the cancel of the invoice, BEFORE forcing the posting of the invoice

--> user creates Cancel, Cancel is not posted as well.

--> from now it is impossible to post both invoices: if you try to post the Invoice after the cancel creation, the VF02 recongnise that a CANCEL exists and do not allow for the posting

--> standard VFX3 doesn't signal this kind of not posted documents situation.

Ok, The right procedure for thes user should be: create invoice, if not posted then try to understand why not posted, and not CANCEL it.

But in this case VFK3 was not able to detect the invoice was not posted: it was not in the list.

So the 2 ways must be:

1) one possibility could be undestand in VFX3 could be enhanced: I checked in OSS but I didn't find anything.

2) other possibility: add a further check in interface between SD and FI in order to check if original invoice is not posted to FI and in this case block the cancel creation, as instead standard SAP does.

Could you please give me an idea on how it would be better proceed?

Thank You very much.

Raffaella

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
you creates an invoice and the system doesn't post it for any reason

This itself raise a question. Have you analysed what for it is not posted ?? The reason could be for your billing type, the box "Posting Block" would have been selected in VOFA. So you can check there and update.

If the above box is not ticked but still if your billing document is not passed on to FI, then go to VF02, maintain the billing document reference and click the green flag. Update the forum what error message system was popping up.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

thank you for your feedback.

in VOFA the flag is not ticked.

The problem was that In VFX3 no data were found for the specified document (with all "Inclomplete Due To" check box flagged), even if invoice and relative cancel were already created, but not posted.

When we tryied to to post them, via VF02 for example, the system didn't warned anything specific and, doing the posting via debug, we discovered that the posting was stopped because VBRK-RFBSK = E = "Billing Document Cancelled".

So, forcing via debug that value = ' ', because of the urgency of Finance Office, we could invoice it and then do the same for its cancel.

So at the moment it is not possible for me to reproduce the error in the system.

The only workaround I can imagine, is to find a way to avoid cancel creation if invoice is not posted yet.

Do you think this is feasible way?

Thank You veyr much for your suggestions.

KR

Raffaella

Edited by: Raffaella Sacchetto on Nov 29, 2010 3:43 PM