cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ChaRM: Import Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have configured Sol Man ChaRM (SP24, EHP1). Currently, the Sol Man system is connected with ECC Sand box client to test ChaRM.

In Sol Man 100 client (SLM:100) i have activated ChaRM. In ECC sand box system, we have created three clients like DEV,QA,PRD.

The ECC system details are: EDD:200 (Satellite ECC DEV), EDD:300 (Satellite ECC QA), EDD:400 (Satellite ECC PRD).

I am trying to import the transport request to ECC:300 (QA client) thro Sol Man action "Pass correction to test". The import getting failed.

Is there any additional authorization to be provided to any users in ECC 300 client to import authorization? or any additional authorization to be provided in ECC 000 client to any users?

Kindly guide me

Thanks

Kumar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Kumar

Please check the import log through transaction STMS and check the error message that was thrown for the transport request import.

Kind regards

Tom

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tom,

I have read the documentation about some authorization to be provided in 000 clients of all satellite systems (DEV,QA,PRD) as below:

Make sure that the operator and administrator users in client 000 of the target systems have the same name as their user in the Solution Manager system.

2. Assign import authorization to the operator and administrator users in client 000 of the target systems (SAP_CHANGEMAN_OPERATOR and SAP_CHANGEMAN_ADMIN roles).

Is the above roles (SAP_CHANGEMAN_OPERATOR and SAP_CHANGEMAN_ADMIN ) to be assiged to TMSADM user in 000 client of DEV,QA,PRD?

Kindly clarify.

Regards

Kumar

TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Kumar

No, you should check help.sap.com

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm40/helpdata/en/04/c72742c7525133e10000000a155106/content.htm]

In Charm you have different roles (should be different persons), those role assignments are ment to be assigned to the persons who are performing that role.

If you would be the change operator for example, you would have to assign that authorization to your user-id

"SAP_CHANGEMAN_OPERATOR"

Kind regards

Tom

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tom,

Is the role "SAP_CHANGEMAN_OPERATOR" to be assinged in 000 client of Satelite system for my user ID?

I have SAP_ALL in Sol MAn and in satellite DEV, QA, PRD system. But i do not have user ID in 000 client of Sol MAn as well satellite system.

Thakns

Kumar

TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Kumar

I would expect you need the role in the client in which you want to work on your sattelite system (if your target is SID client 200, give the authorization to your user-id in client 200).

Documentation on change request management authorization etc

[https://cw.sdn.sap.com/cw/docs/DOC-15108]

Kind regards

Tom

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Senthil,

Its a simple solution. First make sure the user who is performing charm actions is present in the satellitle systems-which you already did.

Especially the user who is performing the action " pass correction to test" or any actions that are related to importing charm changes to the subsequent systems.

Next the user should have certain import profiles in 000 client of the satellite systems:

like s_tmw_import, s_tmw_opera,s_tmw_develo, s_tmw_admin..etc....

so depending on the users role you have to provide one of these profiles which contain authorization to import.

In addition to this the charm roles in solution manager sap_socm_developer or sap_socm_change_manager should have proper authorizations..look at the auth obj tmwflow/t and give 3000,4000 to 9100 as values.

inaddition look at the role : sap_cm_sman_** you have to also take care of the auth obj cts_admi_** , assign values depending on the user type and you will be good to go.

thanks,

amar