cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KM integration for accessing HTML help files instead of Knowledgewarehouse

Former Member
0 Kudos

Existing products/applications are running in a Netweaver machine with both abap and Java stack. We are using Portal as our entry point, KM is used for our repository for Help (html) files.

In the future also with Webdynpro for ABAP applications ,we would like to have the Portal as our entry point and use the KM repository for our help content.

I have gone through the forums and your replies in some of the forums regarding the u201CWebdynpro-ABAP and Knowledgewarehouseu201D. The following are still not clear to me. Please help me to understand it better.

1. Do I still need the Knowledge warehouse to use with Webbdynpro for ABAP given the above our wish?

2. how do we connect to the Portal KM repository for webdynpro for abap application help with and without KW .

Thanks in advance for your kind help.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Baskaran

SAP Provides KM APIs as Web Services.

You can try creating proxies from them and then access KM APIs from WD ABAP.

PLease see this [blog|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/].

There is nothing very concrete but it might help.

Regards,

Sumit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo Sumit,

Thanks for your response, the blog link is not working. Can you please post the full URL once again ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Baskaran,

i am sorry for not giving the full link.

here it goes:

[/people/thilo.brandt/blog/2007/08/27/getting-started-with-the-km-web-service-api|/people/thilo.brandt/blog/2007/08/27/getting-started-with-the-km-web-service-api]

Please revert in case of further issues.

Regards,

Sumit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo Sumit,

Thanks once again.

With a quick glance i understand that this blog describes about the WSDL ,proxy classes java client in java6 version. I shall keep this as an option.

Still looking for a suitable solution for my case.

Answers (0)