cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Context mapping between the Webdynpro component

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have created 2 WebDynpro component in one project.

The Child component refers to a RFC modle.

The parent component receives the input from the user and sends the data to the Child component through child components interface controller.

This is working good if I consume the Child component with component usage type as "CreateOnDemand".

I am not able to achieve the same if I consume the Child component with the component usage type as "Manual".

currently I am passing the values from parent component to the child component as Parameters to the method in the interface controller of the child component.

Kindly let me know if i can send the values from parent to child component like context mapping and how ?

Thanks,

Pavan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

IF Component usage type is Manual then component instance must be programatically created using IWDComponentUsage API.

In CreateOnDemand webdynpro runtime automatically creates a component instance on demand.

So if your Component usage type is manual then before you access the child component you have to create an instance manually

wdThis.wdGetChildCompComponentUsage().createComponent();

After you usage is done then you have to manually delete the component instance.

wdThis.wdGetChildCompComponentUsage().deleteComponent();

Regards,

Bala Baskaran.S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You can use context mapping, the process is the same like othe custom controller, on the Web Dynpro Component Diagram View, drag and drop a data link between the Used DC and the controller or view you want mapping, I recomend set the Used Web Dynpro Component as "createOnDemand" un less you want to create manually the child component.

best