cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to print barcodes from LT31 (SAPScript) on a Zebra?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We have a factory that would like to print their picking lists/transfer orders using transaction LT31 to a Zebra ZM600 printer. The transaction appears to create a spool in the SAPScript format.

We have tried pretty much all of the Zebra drivers (ZEB), a standard HP driver and a ASCII line printer driver (in SPAD) but nothing works - barcodes are not printed. For some drivers the format of the spool looks good in SP01, but then nothing is printed at all at the printer! In other cases the text is okay but barcodes are not, in other cases the text is complete gibberish.

The user has been informed that SmartForms should be used instead of SAPScript but we believe this would involve changes at ABAP level and our ABAP support is by a third party company which we are trying to avoid using.

I have seen SAP Note 179534 - Label printing with Zebra printers (SAPscript) but it seems this would also involve Application Support/ABAP teams etc.

Is there anything we (SAP Basis) or the end user can do to be able to print barcodes from LT31 to the Zebra printer without involving Application/ABAP support?

Thanks

Ross

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you gone through www.zebra.com/smartforms

also check Notes 750002 and 750772

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks but perhaps I should have mentioned we didn't want to go down the SmartForms route as that means we then have to get Application Support /ABAP team (3rd party company) involved.

This needs to be something we (SAP Basis) can do or the user from within the transaction they are using (LT31). Unless there is a way to switch from SAPScript to SmartForms simply??

I will check the notes you mentioned anyway - thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

The first of those notes refers to note 179534 which I've already seen but don't really understand what needs to be done - sounds like the whole barcode needs to be redesigned or something done from an Applications config level...

Former Member
0 Kudos

can you check help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/EN/d9/4a917851ea11d189570000e829fbbd/frameset.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, looks very useful - I am sourcing a free barcode.dll and asking the user to test...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tried but get an error:

SAP spool error log

=====================

Print request processing log

The host spool is reporting errors

Unintelligible response received from assumed SAPLPD ("#")

(SAP)LPD cannot accept request (Queue LDSP0092 disabled?)

Unable to connect to output processor

Any ideas?

Former Member
0 Kudos

may be something wrong with dll?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sadly couldn't spend any more time/resource trying the dll route; think user is either giving up for now or investigating the SmartForms route...

Answers (0)