Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mapping Clearing agent

former_member1091983
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

In exports, we ship our consignemts from one location A to other location B with a road tranporter (say by lorry) for which we create a shipment document (transportation module is avail). From the location B our clearing agent clears the customes procedures and send the consigment thru ship. Here, we have to make payemnt to Road transporter as well as for clearing agent.

In this, how to map the clearing agent and his payment.

Thanks in advance,

Reg,

JJ

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

this is to infrom you that,

you have to create 2 PO's one for road and another for ship.

and you can settle thru MIRO and include service matrial in PO.

or

create 3 condtion types with delivery costs for 2 mode of transports assign respective vendors against condition types in PO.

settle this in MIRO against delivery costs.

hope this is a solution for your issue.

regarsd,

balajia

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Go to OVTK, select a Shipment Type, copy the same and change the following:-

a) ShpmtComplType:::::::::::1

b) Service Level::::::::::::1

c) Process Control::::::::::2

d) Leg Indicator::::::::::::4

e) Adopt route::::::::::::::Adopt all stages

f) Determine legs:::::::::::1

Save the above data.

Next go to T_56, create a new item category, maintain a new Shipment Cost Type and assign the shipment cost type to this item category

Next go to T_57, select your shipment type and assign the shipment cost type there. Subsequently, click on "Define shipment cost relevance for shipment type" and tick for first two boxes

Next create a condition type in T_06 for pricing and have an access sequence for this in T_07

Next in T_08, select "Define and assign shipping type procedure group" and assign shipping type procedure group to your shipping type

Next in the same tab, select "Define and assign item procedure group" and maintain the required data there

Next create a pricing procedure and assign the above condition types there

Finally, assign this pricing procedure to your transportation planning point

This is only a brief details as the configuration details cannot be listed out now. Try with this and let me know wherever you stuck, so that I will try to help you out.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you for your comments.

I do have the same scenario, i don't have transportation module. In this case how do i map the same. Will it be purely FI transaction?

Regards,

DP

former_member1091983
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Laxmipathiji,

Thanks a lot for your support. Sure, I will try this solution and will get back to u if got stuck.

(FYI, i too thought of the same solution but was not sure. Now, with ur confirmation i will go ahead thanks again)

Reg,

JJ

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In fact, you should be aware, in VT01N, you should not maintain the vendor code in "Processing" tab which is header level but you have to maintain the same in "Stages" at the bottom screen.

Here you have to key in manually the required two vendors.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member1091983
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for your inputs on this issue and am working on it.

Here i have an issue..now am mapping this clearing agent sceanrio thru' Transprotation module as i have narrated earlier..

WITHOUT Transportation module, how to map this clearing agent payment sceanrio in SAP. Because Generally client would come to know the ACTUAL Clearing agent charges , after the consigment is dispatched from the port (may be after 15-20 days of PGI & Invoice). But the invoice would be realesed to accounting on the same day of the dispatch. Now how can we include this clearing agent chrages in sales documents, though we maintain this clearing agent vendor in the header pratner function. Pls clarify.

Thanks.

Reg,

JJ

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Because Generally client would come to know the ACTUAL Clearing 
  agent charges , after the consigment is dispatched from the port
     (may be after "15-20 days" of PGI & Invoice).

Assuming that you were talking about export process, I do agree that these are all operatiional constraints but 15 - 20 days is too long and cannot be acceptable.

Why I am specifically indicating is that I had also worked extensively in exports scenarios, where I can get the actual rates at the time of shipment itself. Its all about the rapport the client is having with the clearing agent.

If this is not possible and still liability has to be created on those vendors, then you can consider for manual condition by which, you can generate the shipment cost after two three days from the date of actual shipment and key in the actual value. If this is also not possible, then I dont think, you can address this requirement through SD route; but left with only option of paying directly through FI.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member1091983
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Laxmiji,

Unfortunately, our idea didn't work. I tried as you suggested, maintained all the config settings and maintained the clearing agent at the item level(stages) of the shipment doc. But in shipment cost document this partner was not copied by the system.

So, i created a new shipment type for clearing agent charge for export, and maintained the Clearing agent at the header level, subsequnetly created the shipment cost doc.

In this method Iam referring two times the export delivery documents for shipment doc creation, one is for local shipment that is upto Clearing agent location and another shipment doc for clearing agent charges with same delivery docs. It works fine. But pls give ur view on this whether is it a right workaround? Advise the pros and cons of it if any.

Thanks,

Reg,

JJ

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
subsequnetly created the "shipment cost doc"

I hope it is not VI01 but only VT01N since normally, we generate shipment cost via VI01.

But in shipment cost document this partner was not copied by the system

Have you checked in the log as to why you were unable to maintain the vendor code. In fact, once you go into VT01N, before maintaining any data at header level, try to key in at item level, assign delivery and then try to maintain at header level. SOmetimes, this will click.

In this method Iam referring two times the export delivery 
          documents for shipment doc creation

You mean to say the same delivery document has been referred twice ?? If so, I am wondering as to how it is possible.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member1091983
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Laxmiji,

You mean to say the same delivery document has been referred twice ??

Yes, I have referred the deliveries twice during shipment document creation for a different shipment document by changing the "Total gds mvt status" to C. In this way it picks up again the same deliveries. Is it OK?

P.S: Can you pls help me out on this issue.. as well..

Thanks,

Reg,

JJ

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes I know we can assign the same delivery document to different shipment document but not for the same again and again. I was under the impression that you were trying to assign different delivery at item level which is not at all possible.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

your requriment can be solved if you configure TRANSPORTATION MODULE with TRANSPORTATION CHAIN concept.

there you will get everything you have asked.

please configure transportation chain as i said to solve your requriment.

regards,

balajia