cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to configure file adapter using FCC for Multilevel hierarchy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Can anyone help me in configuring the Receiver file adapter with FCC for the structure given below

<Root>

<Level1>

<Ele1>

<Ele2>

<Level2>

<Ele2_1>

<Ele2_2>

<Level2a>

<Ele2a_1>

<Ele2a_2>

</Level2a>

</Level2>

</Level1>

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi dineshmale,

I have do this Multilevel hierarchy before. FCC can directly configure this scenario. But I don't know you output format. What my format shown below(here i use '#' instead of space):

Level1_Field1##Level1_Field2##Level1_Field3##Level2_Field1##Level2_Field2##Level3_Field1##Level1_Field2

#################################################################Level3_Field1##Level1_Field2

#######################################Level2_Field1##Level2_Field2##Level3_Field1##Level1_Field2

#################################################################Level3_Field1##Level1_Field2

Level1_Field1##Level1_Field2##Level1_Field3##Level2_Field1##Level2_Field2##Level3_Field1##Level1_Field2

#######################################Level2_Field1##Level2_Field2##Level3_Field1##Level1_Field2

FCC Parameter:

Recordset Structure: Level1,Level2,Level3

Level1.fieldSeparator = (2 spaces)

Level2.beginSeparator = (some spaces according to the length of the fields in Level1)

Level2.fieldSeparator = (2 spaces)

Level3.beginSeparator = (some spaces according to the length of the fields in Level1and Level2)

Level3.fieldSeparator = (2 spaces)

Level3.endSeparator = \n

There are some points:

1. the endSeparator for Level1 and Level2 doesn't work.

2. the first begin separator in Level2 and Level3 doesn't work.

3. The last field of super node and the first field of child node is separated by the (child).fieldSeparator.

4. ....

What's more, I have write a blog of FCC For Hierarchical Structure in Receiver Channel just now. So it need two days for Approval. Let me know for any issues.

Edited by: guKidd on Dec 14, 2010 7:52 AM

Edited by: guKidd on Dec 14, 2010 7:54 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is my exact structure and receiver is file we must use FCC is there any possibility to solve this

<Root>

<Level1>

-

<Ele1>

-

<Ele2>

-

<Level2>

-

<Ele2_1>

-

<Ele2_2>

-

<Level2a>

-

<Ele2a_1>

-

<Ele2a_2>

-

</Level2a>

-

</Level2>

</Level1>

thanks in advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check the below blog, this will throw some light on the issue.

/people/karthiknarayan.kesavan2/blog/2007/08/22/file-content-conversion-for-multi-hierarchical-structure

Thanks,

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In online help you find which structure your payload must have to enable FCC.

You cannot define just any structure.

Former Member
0 Kudos

/people/karthiknarayan.kesavan2/blog/2007/08/22/file-content-conversion-for-multi-hierarchical-structure

I got this blog already,Is there any possibility without UDF`s i.e By direct configuration in the

channel.

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It would not be possible.

prasad_ulagappan2
Contributor
0 Kudos

FCC can support upto 2 deep levels..in this case with a UDF, FCC becomes very simple...

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Can anyone help me in configuring the Receiver file adapter with FCC for the structure given below

No. This is not possible.