Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed to Upload Document in KM Repository due to AntiVirus-Solution

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I try to start with a different posting of someone to get my problem described:

"When i am trying to upload an image to KM of my portal, it is giving me error "Image1.jpg" does not exist, or file is empty; you cannot upload empty files.

I am getting this error even when i am trying to upload any document like PDF or word doc. What could be the reason?

I am not getting why this error is coming, any input on this??"

The solution to that should be "obvious": See SAP-Note 898637. You might have a problem with temporary file-location and/or rights.

BUT in my case I do know the solution even though it is different from that described in the SAP-Note: "Switch of the AntiVirus-Solution"

This seems odd, but the reason is:

The file I try to upload is the eicar-test-file. It will be placed in the temp-directory and be scanned and then deleted by the AntiVirus-Solution. So when Netwaever would want to process it, it is indeed gone.

So my problem: How can I NOT put the file to be uploaded in the temp-directory so it will NOT be scanned by the AntiVirus-Solution without the Netweaver VirusScanInterface (NW-VSI)?

I hope someone can help me.

Thanks in advance,

David

1 REPLY 1

bowbridge
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi David,

this is a rather old post, still my quick 0.02€ on this:

The problem is most probably related to you using a remote virus scan server via RFC.

KM has a (tuneable) size limit for scanning of memory blocks. If the file is bigger than the limit, it gets written to a temp-file and the file name is passed to the virus scanner.

Obviously, as the file is not local to the virus scanner, scanning fails with "file not found".

Solution approaches:

1.) switch do a virus scan solution that runs locally on your application server (See SAP note 782963)

2.) increase the maximum file size to be scanned in memory (which gets transferred via RFC)

Joerg