cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to know if an import job is currently running from r/3 or OS level

Former Member
0 Kudos

As part of the requirement for my coding I need to find if an import job is running in the consolidation system trough my tool.

For my tool to run. As a pre-requisite I have to check if an import job is running presently.

The requirement is that no tp single import or mass import all should run in the cons system ABC.

There is a way to know this by checking for stopmark.If a stopmark exists and import all is running but I also want know if a single import is running.

I have heard that SID.LOB/LOC/LOS files are created when single imports are running wether single import or mass import.

May be I can check for the existance of such lock files to know if a importall is running for my program.

Can you please tell me where I can find more details on these lock files.

Is it safe to assume that if a lock exists an import job is running for that system.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

On ABAP side you can check if no RDD* jobs are active, and no entries exists in the tables TRBAT/TRJOB.

On OS you can check if you tp or R3trans programs with belonging parameters are active.

Kind regards,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

YES I TRBAT/TRJOB good chocies but I am still a bit unclear.

TRBAT and TRJOB tables have entries when single import runs from OS level.

I do a tp import request from os level. Will TRBAT and TRJOB have entries have entries from R/3 marked?

IS it safe to assume that if TRBAT and TRJOB tables are empty the sytem has no single or mass import or SP application presently running?

These tables will have entries for export jobs also.

Will these tables have entries for anyother reason apart from import.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When executing transports directly via OS, than tp is filling the TRBAT/TRJOB table.. So the check is pretty reliable.

Kind regards,

Mark

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

tomas_black
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Vighneswaran,

just to clarify - you want to check if any kind of import is taking place, correct? (that is, an import of a transport request or of a support package, for example)

There are some ways to achieve this:

1) you can check the /usr/sap/trans/tmp directory for any file with a growing value. This is the file that's being populated as the import progress;

2) another possibilty is to, of course, check if there are any tp processes running on the OS level;

3) as mentioned on the message, you can check the TRJOB and TRBAT tables, as well as TPSTAT table. Additional information: if the Import Monitor or table TPSTAT does not contain entries any more, you can delete the entries of tables TMSTLOCKR and TMSTLOCKP.

4) from the R/3 level, you can goto transaction STMS, click on the system queue and check for any truck icon of a given transport request (which means the import is running);

5) check in SM37 if there is any RDDIMP* jobs running.

I hope this information helps.

Best regards,

Tomas Black

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Now we are nearing the solution.I had evaluated TRBAT and TRJOB tables for SP application etc they are pretty reliable.

I also had a brief look at TMSTLOCKP and TMSTLOCKR .

The problem with TRBAT and TRJOB is that they give entries even for exports apart from imports. As per my requirement I need to worry only about imports.

I am now kindof spoilt with choices by both of you.

TMSTLOCKP and TMSTLOCKR are lock tables for project imports and single imports only and not for exports.

I will check both these options and award both you points.

Thanks a lot for giving me so many perspectives