-

table

-

-

header

-

-

body row

Everything is working fine and a I´m able to see the expected data.

But when my table includes more than 10 rows it destroys the layout of my page.

My idea:

Create a second subform with same table data and place it right beside it. And using FormCalc to show data from row 11 to end.

But only the first subform is filled. There is no data in second subform (FormCalc code is not implemented).

It seems, that I can´t use same tabele twice.

Any ideas?

Regards

Andy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

rakesh_m2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Andy,

You cannot use a table twice in adobe forms directly. After processing the first form, the table control comes to the end of the loop and will not process again.

thanks,

Rakesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try having 2 internal tables with the same data in the interface.

Thanks,

Tooshar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andy,

Have both the subforms as flowed and page breaked, it should work.

As per as having 2 tables techically i believe its not possible.reason behind.

When you do data binding for 1st table and say multiple rows, at runtime data is iterated and displayed in the 1st table.

when it reaches to the 2nd table the pointer on the table data source is already eof i.e., last record so it will not display it again.

to acheive this on form load of the 2nd table you need to initialize and iterate through the data source again.

I have never tested this scenario but read it in some adobe fourms.

Check it and let me know, if its still not working i can design a sample form with this scenario for you.

Cheers,

Sai

jlsim
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

I am facing a similar scenario as well. I need to display the same table twice using the same table node in context. The second table always come out empty.

Any idea how to initialize and iterate through the data source again for the second table?

thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try using Alias Table, this will allow you to use same table twice.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/d2/cb4427455611d189710000e8322d00/content.htm

Manish

andrs_sarcevic
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andy,

Perhaps the "destruction of the layout" has something to do with the first positioned form containing a flowed one? - I.e. First for don't allow page break?

What I would try for your workaround is define two different tables in the Context, both looping the same table that comes from the interface. For the first table, you can define under properties, Loop from line 1 to 10. For the second one, define from line 11 to <empty?>.

Hope it works... I can't avoid asking myself what would happen if you have, say... 50 entries?

Cheers,

Andres.