Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No value during 'display queue'

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have tested a mapping locallly.

Then when I do a 'display queue' for source elements in the target mapping for few fields, I could find that the 'display queue' pop is empty.

Strangely even when I checked the 'display queue' for a constant value, it is empty.

When I say empty I mean it is fully blank. No suppress values, no null value or not even an empty context in the pop up of 'display queue'.

As I checked other mapping objects in the same XI system, the problem is not occurring in them.

I suppose something has to be refreshed in this mapping object, so that it could be normall.

Note that all cache is updated, although this issue may not have any relation to a runtime cache. It is a design issue.

Kindly help to solve this issue.

Thanks,

John

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The simple reason which I could see is you mapping is incomplete.

Secondly this is not a cache issue at all. Check each node and make sure all nodes are mapped properly also if by any chance you have disabled some of the nodes in your mapping make sure they are either mapped completely (everything looks green) or not mapped, there should not be any yellow colour in your mapping because which means your mapping is incomplete. Use F7 button to check your mapping.

former_member214742
Discoverer
0 Kudos

This is a pretty old post...i searched for a solution but couldn't find any in sdn.

I too am facing the same situation...wherein when i test a mapping locally, every time I display queue a target field, it returns an empty display queue pop up...worst part, even for a constant value!

By empty meaning-no suppress, no null value nor an empty context in the pop up of display queue.

Strangely, this isn't happening with other mappings!

It's in 7.0 SP14

Any help?

Former Member
0 Kudos

let me first ask u couple of Qs...this is a new mapping or existing one?? what's the output when you execute ur mapping locally?

I firmly believe that ur mapping is incomplete...let's take an example suppose ur target node is having cardinality 1..unbounded and without mapping the node you have mapped the elements inside that node...now when you try to dispaly queue of a target field it may result into soemthing what u r experiencing now.

Thanks

Amit Srivastava

former_member214742
Discoverer
0 Kudos

No, I have mapped those nodes to a blank constant and either mapped the mandatory fields or disabled unused ones.

To answer your question, this is a new mapping and I get this issue when I execute the mapping locally with some test data!

When I change either teh source or target structure with some other and map I see no such problem so i am guessing it has something to do with the target structure (External Definition) which I copied from another namespace into mine and mapped...?? Don't know though...

Thanks!

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

prasad_ulagappan2
Contributor
0 Kudos

For testing purpose, just try to execute the mapping rather than display queue in mapping tool itself.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

Looking to be Strange!! I never seen such an issue.

Let's try....

1. Do a complete cache refresh and ensure that cache is updated.

2. Try to do some changes in the description of the message mapping and re-activate.

Sometimes this issue might occur(not sure) when the occurence of the source msg is 0..1 and that of target is 0.. unbounded. Please check and let us know.

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Cache refresh and activation after a change was done before. Also the 'check' function from menu is done. No errors.

Kindly provide an alternate angle to solve the issue.

Thanks,

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check the OSS note: 877964

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Your mapping must be complete, without errors. Use check function from menu to see if there are any errors.

You have also to provide valid test data.