cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Component usage

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have created 2 DC's parent and child respectively.

Parent DC is consuming child DC and child DC's component usage is defined as "Manual".

Parent DC is having a value node "InputData" which is typed in from the user using View in Parent DC.

I want to pass the value which user enters in Parent DC to child DC.

I know I can pass these values as parameters to the method in Child's interface controller.

Is there any other way to send the values to Child DC like context mapping ?

Thanks,

Pavan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1.Map the Node in the Child DC ComponentController to the Interface controller using the Data Modeler.

2.Create Public Part of the Child Component

3.Build and Deploy the Child Component

4.In the Parent Component add the Child Component in the Used DCs.

5.In the Used Webdynpro Components Add the Child Component.

6.using the Data Modeler map the nodes of child component to the componentcontroller of parent component, then map it to view controller.

7.By this method the node of child component can be accessed in Parent Component.

Component Usage type - Manual has nothing to do with context mapping.

In Manual component instance must be programatically managed using IWDComponentUsage API.

Example Code:
wdThis.wdGetChildCompComponentUsage().createComponent();

In CreateOnDemand webdynpro runtime automatically created a component instance on demand.

Regards,

Bala Baskaran.S

Edited by: Bala Baskaran on Nov 24, 2010 7:46 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can consume the value of Parent node in child node by Public parts and Used DC,

1. Define the node in Interface Controller of Parent DC. Map it to the Node in Component Controller.

2. Declare the required part in Parent DC as Public Part

3. Consume the Parent DC in Child DC as Used DC

4. Map the data context node from the Interface controller of Parent DC.

Regards

Saravanan K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saravanan,

Thank you for the reply,

I have created the 2 Webdynpro component(Parent and Child) in the Same Project.

I have to create the Child component manually as the usage method i am using in "Manual".

Please let me know how i can map the context between the 2 components.

Thanks,

Pavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please have a look at this thread

Regards

Saravanan K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In that thread the discussion is about the "CreateOnDemand" component usage type.

In my scenario the component Usage Type is "Manual", So i am not able to pass the values by context mapping.

Let me know if there is any alternative.

Thanks,

Pavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pavankumar

CreateOnDemand and Manua,l only is the way how you initialize the child DC, in both cases you can use context mapping. You need to have Nodes and elements to map

createOnDemand: Web Dynpro Runtime automatically creates a component instance on demand (e. g. when the

component gets visible on the UI) and destroys it again

manual: component instance lifecycle must be programmatically managed by the the application developer using the IWDComponentUsage-API

Best