cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to transport some tables from PRD back to QAS?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I'd like to know how can we transport some tables from PRD to QAS, is it possible?

If so, how can i do that? do I need to change the transport route temporary in STMS?

Thank you in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Changing STMS config is not good for live environment.

There is another way to do it:

1. Create a "Transport of Copies" (SE09 --> create TR --> 3rd radio button) in your PRD system/client

2. Give short desc and target system/client - like QAS.300

3.Then edit the created TR and fill tab " objects" with Table name and value *

ex;

Prog ID: R3TR

Obj Type: TABU

Obj Name: <table name> say MARA

Function: *

save it .

4. try to import in QAS.300 as in normal scenario.

Thanks,

Subrata

former_member227283
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Subrata,

2. Give short desc and target system/client - like QAS.300

i don't thing it will work, without changing the transport route as suggested by Sunny.

Bcoz if you don't change the transport route and if you directly try to create request on production using SE09 and when you will click on target system, it will show you blank, even if you press F4 there, then also you will get the value as blank( you will not get any value to select).

So olny option remain, as suggested by Sunny.

Thanks

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

I am doing in this way only. It's "Transport of Copies" instead of workbench or customizing. It will move in any direction/any system. Don't select (or F4) system - just type like QAS.300 (what I have said before).

Thanks,

Subrata

Former Member
0 Kudos

zifang,

I have done this before so the best way to do this without impacting the present transport routes is the suggestion suggested by Subrata.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subrata,

Thank you so much for your suggestions, I have tried this and it works. Thanks.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not sure whether it is recommended way or not but a good work around, just replace role of PRD and development server in STMS (i.e. make PRD as development and development as PRD in STMS), then add these tables to transport and import it in quality and later on delete it from import queue of development because after chnaging from PRD to development in STMS, released transport from quality will go in development queue.

Thanks

Sunny