Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LSMW and BDC

former_member231409
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

in my current project,i want to do the Data upload.which process i will follow.i mean LSMW or BDC.which one is faster.

thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

this is to inform you that,

LSMW offers different methods for migrating data like : Direct input, BAPI, Idoc, Batch input recording. While BDC basically uses batch input sessions and CALL TRANSACTION method.

Limit on number of records which can be uploaded in one session of BDC (999 records). where as LSMW you can upload 10,000 master data records per hour.

regards,

balajia

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

chandra_sekhar3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

BDC and LSMW both are tools to transfer data from non-sap to sap syatem and vice-versa.

LSMW contains 14 steps available in radio buttons that directs you and takes you to the end of the process where

the data is transfered, tcode --> lsmw.

BDC has two methods 1. Call transaction method ; 2. Session method. Here we need to write code to accomplish the

process or we can record steps of a certain process like

ex: creating a table with se11. Tcode--> SHDB and sm35

resepectively.

Amongst the two BDC is preferred more than LSMW as there are more chances of errors in lsmw.

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As already suggested,

Would like to add some more info,

- BDC requires involvement of technical consultant & requires coding. Widely used, to do any validations while uploading.

LSMW used to upload bulk data & functional consultant can do directly without any ABAPer involvement. Even in LSWM also you can do bit of coding , but it has limitations.

- in Some transactions, its difficult to do recording via LSMW ( such as if you want to scroll down the page where its limited to enter upto 10 line items, but you would like to enter more than 10 line items , for eg)

So it depends on type of transaction / master data- which drives to manage through LSMW or BDC. My suggestion would be if there is no coding is required, better to go for LSMW.

Any error comes in LSMW- difficult to sort out or identify, where as in BDC - easy to rectify.

There are pros & cons in both of the technics.

Regards,

Reazuddin MD