Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Help in Adobe Forms

former_member305388
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Save Environment. Save Yourself.

Hi Experts!!

I am very new to Adobe forms and am doing hands on using some tutorials. However, though I searched a lot, I didn't get help in some points.

1. What is the significance of Accessibility in Palettes? When should we go for Header Row, Table, Body Row etc.?

2. I do not have Body Pages tab (using 6.0) but have Design View. Hope both are same. Please confirm.

3. I feel the difference between Positioned and Flowed is about the subform being static and dynamic. But whenever I change some subform to Flowed, the fields are becoming misplaced. In other words, I made 2 fields side by side and both wrapped in a subform. When I change content to Flowed..both are appearing one below the another. Why so? How to rectify it?

4. Sometimes I am unable to shift the fields anywhere. As in, Layout is fixed and I couldn't move them from their positions. Or I can not minimize or maximize the subform layout too. Why so?

Kindly help me!! Thanks a lot!!

_ i'm not an Environmentalist. I'm an Earth Warrior.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

I think I can give you some info for some of your questions.

1. What is the significance of Accessibility in Palettes?When should we go for Header Row, Table, Body Row etc.?

2. I do not have Body Pages tab (using 6.0) but have Design View. Hope both are same. Please confirm.

3. I feel the difference between Positioned and Flowed is about the subform being static and dynamic. But whenever I change some subform to Flowed, the fields are becoming misplaced. In other words, I made 2 fields side by side and both wrapped in a subform. When I change content to Flowed..both are appearing one below the another. Why so? How to rectify it?

<Sai> This similar to Grid & flowed layout in Webdynpro, if its flowed which mean all the elements in that subform are place one after another it has hot 2 option top to bottom which mean alla are just placed vertically other is western text where the elements are placed one after the other from left to right. where as in positioned layout you can specify the X&Y coordinates and the element is sticked to that p[osition</Sai>

4. Sometimes I am unable to shift the fields anywhere. As in, Layout is fixed and I couldn't move them from their positions. Or I can not minimize or maximize the subform layout too. Why so? <sai>This is depending on the layout properties of the immediate parent subform and then its parent subform. and if the subform's height is Auto</Sai>

Thanks for som of the your other queries which I never worked on got a change to focus and dig something new..

Cheers,

Sai

former_member305388
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

3. Ohhh yeah, never looked at that Top to Bottom and Western Text field at all. Somehow missed it

4. Should check on this

And if you get any idea on 1st and 2nd then please do share with me. Thanks a lot!

- I'm not an Environmentalist. I'm an Earth Warrior.

former_member305388
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts!!

I cannot proceed without these doubts clarified. Kindly help me out. Thanks a lot!!

- I'm not an Environmentalist. I'm an Earth Warrior.

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You could use some formal training. Do you think SCN works the same way, only for free? I doubt that.

Despite my objections, I can help you ne step further, but still expect you to read some manuals, buy some books and don´t ask this fundamental questions on and on...

4. Sometimes I am unable to shift the fields anywhere. As in, Layout is fixed and I couldn't move them from their positions. Or I can not minimize or maximize the subform layout too. Why so?

If you use flowed layout, you have to control the behavior by settings like Margin. Only if you use a positioned layout you´re able to move the objects and/or use X/Y position option.

Cheers Otto

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member305388
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Closing the thread