cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Differences between Sap Nw Mobile and SapWebConsole (or SapConsole)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

I have an application that uses an RF terminal with SapWebConsole, Can you tell me what are the advantages (or disadvantages) to use the platform NW rather than the SapWebConsole?

What are the major differences between these two technologies?

Why choose one over the other?

Thanks,

Gok.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

kranti_khilari
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gok,

SAP Console or WebSAPConsole is a Online Connected Solution which need just one time setup and you do not need additional licence or software.The necessary components is part of your SAPGUI Install.MAINLY YOU DO NOT NEED A WAS(Web Application Server).All you need is ABAP skills to develop the programs and you can execute it in handheld devices.Also SAP Console/Web SAP Console is widely used in LES-Warehouse Management(WM) where there are certain configurations easily available for Mobile Data Entry in LES. I am not an expert in this technology, however, I believe that you can run into performance issues when it comes to multiple divices connected simultaneously, as is apparent from the following thread:

SAP Netweaver Mobile is a completely different technolgy which provides you a platform to build an application which can run across several mobile platforms like IPhone, BlackBerry, Windows Mobile etc, should be available to users even when they are out of network coverage, supports upgrades, and remote adminsitration. This platform can be used to integrate any existing SAP system to mobile devices.

The platform alone can be used to build applications and can also be used in conjunction with the Sybase SUP platform to achieve more device specific capabilites.

SAP NetWeaver Mobile has an architecture that can scale up to a large number of devices and large data volume. For more details, please refer to http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/mobile

Hope this information helps.

Best Regards,

Kranti