Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while importing .par file into NWDS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

When I am trying to import a par file into NWDS, it's showing error saying that

Error in opening zip file, an error occured while creating new project.

Folder aready exists, please specify a different name or root folder.

But when I am importing this par file, one new project(lets assume NewParProject) is being created in NWDS.

I have given the following entries while importing the par file into NWDS.

Archieve file name: com.sap.portal.runtime.logon.par

Project name: NewParProject

Project root folder: C:\Program Files\SAP\IDE\CE\eclipse

I am pointing the project root folder to the location where NWDS is installed.

Please let me know if I am doing any mistake here while entering values. I am working on EP7.01 and trying to customize the login page. My NSWDS version is 7.0.

Please help me on this. Thanks a lot in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

p330068
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srini,

First c heck the Default workspace Windows >> Preferences >> Workbench >> Workspace...Remove the PAR if you have already imported. Then please download the PAR file again from SAP Portal :-

1. System Administration >> Support >> Support Desk >> Portal Runtime >> Browse deployment under Admin Tools>> ROOT/WEB-

INF/deployment/pcd >> Search com.sap.portal.runtime.logon.par.

2. Save as com.sap.portal.runtime.logon.par and Extract the PAR file and Find the JAR file that will used to update manually in

NWDS once imported.

3. COPY THE ORIGINAL PAR for BACKUP.

4. Now start importing the PAR in NWDS and if you used the same project name like "com.sap.portal.runtime.logon" then nothing to changes. IF you used NEW project name then you need to update required things in the visual admin. Check [Modifying The Logon Par|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/4716] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

5. Then add the JAR file in NWDS lib folder from Extracted PAR file.

Then update the server details in the Windows >> Preferences >> SAP Enterprise Portal and deploy the PAR with Quick PAR deploy.

Hope it will helps

Regards

Arun Jaiswal

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per your error, I think you have already created a project with name NewParProject. Give a different name and then check.

Also check if your par file is not corrupt. Download it again and follow below steps in NWDS :

Go to File>Import > Select par file >

>Browse and select the par file>

>Give a project name i.e. ParProjectTest > Finish.

This should work.

Regards

Deepak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Please reply on this.

Thanks a lot in advance.

chinna_babu2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Check whether .par file as extenstion to .zip.

Check whether the folder is already exists in the project folder.

Try to create a new project whether project successfully creates or not. If project creates successfully, see the path of the proeject and check for the folder that you want to give the name for the new project whether it is already exists.

Thanks

Murthy