Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Running TX on Transaction Manager

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I created a "transaction chain" done this way:

[PROCESSING RULE] P1 --> [TRANSACTION] T1 --> [TRANSACTION] T2 --> [TRANSACTION] T3

T1 calls synchronously T2, which calls synchronously T3 (I tried both with Transaction Call/Dynamic Transaction Call action)

When I activate the full execution (generating the event linked to processing rule, practically getting an IDOC Message), all the TXs are executed ('cause I see the effects), but Transaction Manager is showing T2 and T3 still running, instead of T1 Successfully executed.

No way to stop T2/T3 pressing the stop button from the Transaction Manager (even if I really think TXs aren't really executing, but simply system didn't notify they are already ended).

No way to look logs of T2/T3 from the Transaction Manager (I think 'cause running), that's why I added some Log Event action inside T1 and T2, visible from T1 logs from the Transaction Manager.

[WARN] [T2] Could not create parameter value for: IDOCXml Exception: [null]

[WARN] [T2] [UserEvent] : Hello!

[WARN] [Dynamic_Transaction_Call_0] Skipping execution of output links due to action failure.

[WARN] [UserEvent] : false

Line 2 is the proof T2 is executed, 'cause I put Log Event action at the end of T2

Line 3 is something coming from T2 call (done by T1)

Line 4 is the printout of the value of Success property of T2 call (done by T1)

it seems for some reason, T2 call action fails, so the output links of the action aren't written as told by line 3

did you ever experienc something like this?

due to synchronous calling, do I have to setup something in T2/T3 to have successfull action call in T1 ?

the funny thing is that if I execute T1 directly (without the Processing Rule), everything it seems to be ok!

tnx a lot

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Fixed in later versions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Was I right saying that T2/T3 aren't really running, but simply shown in the Transaction Manager?

Do you know if the fix in later version it has been done in Transaction Manager, the transaction call action or whatelse?

tnx a lot for quick answer

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please go to Service Marketplace and review the notes associated with each upgrade for a full explanation of what was fixed in which version.

Regards,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

I can confirm this issue is fixed on 12.1.8

regards