cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to view interactive forms that were archived using SAP ArchiveLink

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

We are just configuring Adobe interactive forms in SAP and are unable to view the documents after they have been archived in Livelink using SAP ArchiveLink. We have Adobe Reader v9.0 and SAP ECC 6 EHP 3, and Livelink viewer 9.7

When the viewer comes up the text of the error message is as follows:

Please wait...

If this message is not eventually replaced by the proper contents of the document, your PDF

viewer may not be able to display this type of document.

You can upgrade to the latest version of Adobe Reader for Windows®, Mac, or Linux® by visiting

http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html.

For more assistance with Adobe Reader visit http://www.adobe.com/support/products/

acrreader.html.

Can anyone help me out?

Thanks

Steve

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steven,

I have a requirement where I just need to Archive Adobe form in External repository.

Since you are using the archiveLink functionality.

Can you please help me how you Archived Adobe form?? What configurations need to be maintained for this?

I am new to this. I did some Rnd on it and found that it can be achieved using HRFORM_HRF02 Business Add-In in the SET_ARCHIVE_INDEX method.

But I have no clue how to do it?

Can you please help me?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Liz

As luck would have it we have Adobe Reader 9.3.0 and accessing the documents via OAAD produces the same results.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

For everyone's information I have receiced an answer from Opentext regarding the viewer itself. It seems that the Livelink viewer is only designed for static PDF's and the reason it can't display the interactive PDF's is because it doesn't support this type. However in the 9.7 version of the viewer there is an option under the Documents menu which allowed the document to be thrown to Adobe Reader and the document opens up in Adobe reader. And this seems to work fine.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Liz, that's a very good suggestion I'm going to investigate this further.

Regards

Steve

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In my opinion it is because you don´t read the PDF files correctly from the archive link. How do you do that?

If you have a working Reader, there are no other problem points in the process except the reading procedure.

Otto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

I'm not sure about thee Viewer version; but I did think of this. Have you looked in transaction OAAD to make sure that the pdf was archived correctly ? When you double click on the link entry, do you get the same error as mentioed above ?

Sometime adobe reader version 9.3 does not support interactive form. Please open the adobe reader and then try Help to get the actual version. I have 9.0.0 and archivelink worked with this.

Thanks, Liz