cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File to file scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I am working on file to file scenario. sap ecc is a sender and third party is receiver. SAP crates file ( in XML or csv format using some abab program) and put that file on SAP Application Server. PI needs to pick that file and without doing any mapping just send that file to third part FTP location.

My question is, how PI can pick up file from SAP application server? Do I need to setup separate FTP server on SAP application server? What should be the connection parameter to fetch file from SAP app server to PI? What I've to set up at SAP ECC side?

Any thought or solution really appreciated.

Regards,

Shaun

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

On the sender side i.e. ECC you need to create the source directory in AL11 and mount it in your PI system, so that the same is visible in AL11 of PI side

Or

if ftp is possible on ECC you can use FTP. However if the ECC is on unix you will have to use the first option only.

on the receiver side, which is third party you need to have FTP.

Mounting Files/Folder is a basis activity.

Regards

Monika

Former Member
0 Kudos

Create a FTP channel for the business system of your ECC and provide the required configuration.

Ask your OS team for usr/pwd for picking up files from appl server location.As there is no mapping required, you can complete the configuration with dummy object names.

Instead of using file adapter for data retrival from SAP you can have a proxy sending data to PI and PI create a file at target ftp.