cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Validation in Offline Adobe Form

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to validate some data through SAP tables in offline Adobe form .Please let me know how do we acheive this.

Ricky

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First you need to populate data (internal table) through the 'Interface' from your desired SAP tables.

Make sure that the data is coming to the Adobe Form. Then you can use either Javascript or Formcalc and code your validation in the required events - like validate, exit event etc

Maybe you can provide some more details about yout validation, so we can help more.

Thanks, Liz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Liz,

Thanks !

First For populating data into Adobe Form we need to create a Webservices or what else.

Second My validation included Material Numbers,Serial Numbers etc.

About the requirment.........I have to send a offline Adobe form to person and he/she will make entries into that form (No Connection through SAP System ).

Then after it will revert to respective person for further edition and submitted to SAP System(SAP Connected)

Please advise the same.

-Ricky

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

the discussion about the topic can be found easily through the Search. Briefly:

a) you can do online validation: then you need a webservice at the SAP side and consume the Ws from the form

b) you can do offline validation: if you don´t need much data for the validation, you can send all the data into the form. It is not visible, it waits in there to be used by the validation script.

Pick an option and then Search.

Otto

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ricky,

Since you say its a offline form all validations should be done in the form which runs only at the client site.

you can use java script / form calc (formcalc is best for performance).

What sort of calculations are you looking for, is there any specific complex requirement? provide more info to help you out.

If this just mandatory or dependency field verification its like any other client side scripting.

Regards,

Sai