cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why availablity check in consginment issue?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have doubt on consignment issue, the question is

Why there is a need of availability check in consignment issue when already the goods have been delivered to customer place. Can anyone explain me with business process please?

I have already searched many forums but I havenu2019t got any satisfied answers.

Thank u

Fazal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Other case would be, consignment process with batch scenario or goods quality issue scenario.

Once consignment quantity with batches are filled at customer sites, customer won't consume the products immediately.

By the time, when the customer tries to consume the quantity the batch might have been expired, in which case some quantity is moved to plant using consignment pick-up process. This will result in reduction in available consignment quantity at customer site.

When the next time customer tries to consume the inventory, the system must do the availability check as there might have other movements like consignment pick-up might have happened before consignment issue.So in order for the system to confirm the quantity, it must do AC during issue process.

Regards,

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Good question.

Let me try to explain with what I had gone through this consignment process.

In normal circumstances, as you said, it is not necessary for availability check in consignment issue stage but at times, due to some unknown reasons, the stock would not have confirmed in KE Issue sale order. So at this stage, in order to proceed further, you need to bring the stocks to that issue order. Hence, you need to have availability check without which it is not possible to proceed further.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi