cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Target file name as field in target structure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SDNers,

I have a requirement where I need to populate a field in target structure with the target file name, this will be a counter.

So if the interface is run 2 times already the third file should have name XXXXXXX_03 and also this needs to be mapped to a field in the target structure.

Any ideas on how to achieve this?

(Pls Note: I am aware of ASMA and variable substitution)

Regards,

Gautam Purohit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gautam,

The requirement specified can be achieved through Dynamic configuration. Do the code if you are good in Java else contact a Java person to help you in this regard.

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hareen,

Can you please tell me how can I set the target file name as a counter using Dynamic Cinfiguration?

The file name should be XXXXXXX_01 when 1st file is picked up, XXXXXXX_02 when 2nd file is picked up also the same filename also has to be mapped to a field in target structure.

Where do I pick up the data of number of files picked up to set this counter to use in Dynamic Configuration.

Regards,

Gautam Purohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

As the complexity is more, I think it is better to go ahead with Java Mapping.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hareen,

I am aware of how to create JAVA Mappings, request you to let me know in case you know how to achieve this requirement using JAVA Mapping.

Regards,

Gautam Purohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry Gautam,

I am not that good in Java. Please check with any of the Java developer who can help you out in this regard.

prasad_ulagappan2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Have a z table in ABAP Stack with one column for counter, get the number from this column through an RFC lookup and concat with the file name. This z table can be refreshed for 24 hours, if you need to reset this counter.

Rgds

Prasad U

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Prasad,

This looks like a viable solution.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gautam!

This SDN topic probably covers the requirement you mentioned!

BR,

Lucas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lucas,

Thanks for the response. I went through the thread that you mentioned but it doesn't discuss my requirement.

Regards,

Gautam Purohit