cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to test integrated configuration?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've set up an Integrated Configuration.(ICO)

I know i cannot test from Tools >> Test Configuration

I'm testing from RWB, i suppose i have to put my xml using the adapter engine test message option instead of the integration engine test option. You think that is correct?

Whatever i do i still get an error message saying there is no receiver determination for the given business component and interface. I thought for ICO you dont need Receiver Determination? Am i wrong?

Are there other/better ways to test this ICO?

Thx

Robert

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

karsten_mhwald
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can find a solution here:

Regards,

Karsten

Former Member
0 Kudos

Has this issue ever been solved? I get the same error [...]Couldn't retrieve outbound binding for the given P/S/A values[...]

As the configuration test tool in the integration directory also does not work with integrated configurations I fear that this simply does not work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you would like to test the configuration you can do it from Adapter engine else if you like to test the complete scenario do it from Integration engine. I prefer to go with Integration engine.

When you are going with Adapter engine test, you dont need receiver determination, so that is the reason why it is throwing the error message.

Check the below link, you would find some more info regarding monitoring. I hope this helps you.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/media/uuid/9a375589-0701-0010-b4b7-911d023f4762

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

But the whole point of the Integrated Configuration is bypassing the Integration Engine. So how could it be good to test from Integration Engine Test option in the RWB?

And I have tried it there also but i get the same message about the Receiver Determination.

By the way i'm testing File to SOAP (webservice) Synchronous scenario.

KR

Robert

Former Member
0 Kudos

As ICO is used to bypass the INtegration engine, you can go ahead with Adapter engine test tab to test the configuration.

When you are trying to test, you are getting an error with the receiver determination. Then there might be an issues with the CPA cache. Refresh CPA cache and perform the test.

Check the below link for Advanced adapter engine.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/shop?rid=/media/uuid/307a7cc8-d362-2a10-1982-d22661f0475f

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

Yes you are correct. The whole point in going with the Integrated Configuration Scenario is to bypass the Integration Engine. And hence,you should test from the corresponding advanced adapter engine option in the RWB.

Just check if the cache refresh happened successfully for the advanced adapter engine on which you have configured your channels. If not, this is the reason behind this error. You can do a dummy refresh for the objects (channels, ICo etc) and see if the cache refresh happened successfully for the relevant advanced adapter engine. If yes, you can test this scenario and it should work.

Regards, Gaurav.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Small recap of the issue: i want to test an Integrated Configuration from the RWB.

My scenario is File to SOAP (synchronous)

All cache refreshes both in SXI_Cache and CPA cache were good.

If i test from RWB >> INtegration Engine >> Test Message then i get the following return:

".... Error While Sending Message: Error stack from response: No receiver could be determined...."

(this response is understandable: ICO is not on the IE and the combination of Sender Component/INterface/Namespace will not be found there, so we get an error)

But...

If I test from RWB >> Adapter Engine >> Test Message with these details:

Sender Component = Sender Comm Component from ICO

Interface = Sender Interface from ICO

Namespace = Sender Namespace from ICO

User/Passw are good

QoS: Best Effort

XML = good

then i get the following result:

"....Error While Sending Message: Additional error text from response: com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.ConfigException: ConfigException in XI protocol handler. Failed to determine a receiver agreement for the given message. Root cause: com.sap.aii.af.service.cpa.CPAObjectNotFoundException: Couldn't retrieve outbound binding for the given P/S/A values: FP=;TP=;FS=TEST_ICO;TS=;AN=SIOS_ICO_ReadCustomer;ANS=urn:vitens:isu:installation:create; in the current context [Unknown]. ......"

receiver agreement?

So i wonder if it is possible at all to test the ICO from the RWB?

Any comments are helpful.

Also i'm wondering if there could be installation settings wrong for AAE (we're on PI 7.11)

Or maybe there are settings in the Service Interface i should do differently?

Kr

Robert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check this link below

http://sappihttpclient.codeplex.com/

which is HTTP test tool...also check there are other test tools too...(based on java)

prasad_ulagappan2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Just wanted to know if you are doing File to SOAP (Sync), through ICO...have you done any BPM...I wonder the sender sys is the just the File (async system) and receiver is the SOAP (Sync) system...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad,

It's a good remark and i had not thought about it before.

However: previously i created a more old-style scenario with Receiver Determination etc etc etc. It was same type File to SOAP (synchronous) (i'm using File here, but it should eventually be also a SOAP sender, but it is not available yet)

Then i tested that from the RWB >> integration engine, and in the MONI i could see the message going to the back-end and coming back with the response.

For performance reasons i want to go with ICO and was trying the same when i got stuck testing it.

I'll see if can get the HTTP tool running here.

More comments are welcome.

KR

Robert

prasad_ulagappan2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Rather than testing it with RWB, did you test the end to end scenario? Just to test whether the async to sync systems workign with AAE.