cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E2E configuration for ABAP System

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am new to E2E RCA area. I am configuring E2E for ABAP system. I am stucked at Managed Systems Set up (ABAP System)

I have performed associating SMD agent in agent administration, i can see SMD agent in green color.

In the next step, In Managed system configuration wizard for third step "MANUAL CONFIGURATION" under the task "assign Diagonstic agent" i am getting wrong instance as D00 which is not correct for ABAP System and because of which the error "The SMD Agent xxxxxxx hasn't been found" is throwing.

I am unable to change the instance. Please help me to resolve it and proceed for further steps.

--Cheers

V.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Where can u see the SMD Agent in green ? in solman workcenter under agent admin ?

if so then pls check the system def in SMSY and try assigning the agent to system , u can do it while running the managed system setup also.

Regards,

KK.

TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear

Where do you see the agent in green, at Agent Administration or at Agent Candidate Management ?

If in Agent Administration, is there also a message similar to <no server name assigned> ?

If yes then you need to run the managed system setup (through solman_workcenter --> diagnostics setup).

Kind regards

Tom

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Tom,

In agent administration, under server column <No server name> is appearing

And i am also unable to proceed in Diagnostic setup --> Managed systems --> setup parameters. Here the i am getting the error "The SMD Agent has no Server Name associated to! Please, assign it one".

TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

Assignment of a server name is done by choosing the correct agent in the right pane of the managed system setup after completing the details like ITS port number and installation directory. Once you click the set button there, the server name you have selected from the dropdown box will be assigned to the agent.

Then to continue you need to cross the checkbox in the right pane, fill in details on the left side and click the setup button.

Kind regards

Tom

Edited by: Tom Cenens on Dec 7, 2010 5:35 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Tam,

I can change entry now and looks fine. But when i check workcenters, all areas shows "No application data" error is coming.

When i check in Solution Manager, Extractor framework job is running fine and no E2E* jobs are showing.

Please help me to resolve the issue.

Cheers

DV

TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello DV

I would advise you take a look at the troubleshooting guide of diagnostics then.

[https://service.sap.com/diagnostics]

It depends how long you waited though because it can take some time befor the first data shows up.

Kind regards

Tom

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I guess you registered SMD agent locally or SLD, but it is not registered in the solution manager correctly.

Use the below method to register again manually in to solution manager and try the assign diagnostic agent step again.

Manual Configurations

Perform the tasks manually by registering the SMD agents of managed systems in to Managing system (Solution Manager).

Stop SMD service in your ABAP system

Run the below script

D:\usr\sap\DAA\SMDA97\script>smdsetup managingconf hostname:sapms://<hostname> port:81xx user:SMD_xxx pwd:xxxxxx

start the SMD service

Check the agent administration again whether the correct agent is running under agents list.

Cheers

Vanga Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

you proceed as the best practise to be register your SMD to SLD.

please use the script bleow for registering your SMD to local SLD

smdsetup sldconf hostname:"<fqn>" port:"<htp port>" user: "<user>" pwd:"<pwd>"

under the same script path (D:\usr\sap\DAA\SMDA97\script)

please chk

Jansi