cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unit Costing in Material components

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have come across a requirement where dummy materials are to be used for cost planning. These materials wonu2019t be processed any further. The planned cost for these materials is project specific ie. Material A in Project 001 costs 1 $ while same material in Project 002 costs 5$.

We are planning to use unit costing to cater this requirement. Unit costing works for Item category L.

The planned cost from Unit costing for material is considered when we create u201Creservation + purchaser requisitionu201D for WBS element for the material.

On Creating u201Creservationu201D for WBS element, the planned cost from Unit costing is ignored and the planned price is calculated as per the valuation strategy maintained in the Network costing variant (valaution variant). However it is intended that the cost for unit costing is to be considered for reservation for WBS.

We are using std. costing variant PS04 for material costing.

Is there something I am missing so that the planned cost for material from Unit costing is considered in case of reservation for WBS?

Regards

Sejo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think if you are tiggering reservation through network then costing variant assigned to that network type comes into play and the valuation of componant is calculated accordingly. You may have to config the costing variant for that nw type as per your requirement.

rgds

Former Member
0 Kudos

The costing variant for network has already been configured. The unit costing is considered in for same material when res+pur req for WBS is selected. However on selecting res for WBS element the cost is planned as per valuation strategy in variant var in Unit cost for material or valuation strategy in variant var in Network costing. The val variant in costing variant for Unit costing for material & costing variant in Network costing is identical.

Any idea why the costing is calculated differently with change in reservation type.

Regards

Sejo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check the material master record in accounting view using MM02. Are you using split valuation for this material code, different valuation class for project stock?

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You are going to use dummy materials and you are not going to process materils requirement from networks, in that case why are you bothered about "Res for WBSE" to be selected, if Res + PR for WBSE suits your cost information then select that procurement indicator and in "Res./Purc. req." select "Never" as option this will not allow you to create any PR for the materials.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Phoenixcfa & Ahmed,

Thanks for ur inputs.

I had already thought of the option you have suggested. In the currect process, the "Res / Purc. req." is maintained as "Immediate" at network header level. So the activity also inherits the same reservation relevance & it cannot be changed from "immediate" to "Never".

As suggested by Phoenixcfa it has some thing to do with split valuation. I could carry out the unit costing for a material with "res. for WBS" in IDES.

Hope, I will figure why it doesnot work our Dev system, soon.

Regards

Sejo

former_member203098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

use base planning objects for material costing, select the valuation variant as base planning object in PS04.

refer the below link http://help.sap.com/search/highlightContent.jsp

regards,