Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

convert PP/DS planned order to purchase requisition

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi APO expert,

here is the scenario:

One product which has procurement type X. He has SNP order, then converts into PPDS order

now he needs to convert the planned order to purchase requisition.

Can anyone explain how could we do this conversion?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Planned order is converted to purchase requisition if source of supply is changed from PPM/PDS to transportation lane between plant and vendor.

So if change source of supply purchase requsition will be created.

Regards,

Santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Santosh for your response.

As you said to get purchase requisition (from planned order) we have to change source of supply.

could you please explain when and how will you do the same so that we can get both production order as well as purchase requisition.

Thanks,

Aritra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you talking about external procurement of operation of subcontracting of operation where in ECC production order will be created which will genrate purchase requisition against operation if yes

Then below are details.

In ecc routing/master receipe define opearation with control key PP02(externa processing).

Assign fixed vendor/desired vendor and/or purchase info record in operation details screen.

Transfer production version containing above routing as PPM/PDS to APO.

Now When conversion indicator is marked in APO which will genrate production order and purchase requisition with respect to operation in ECC.

Production order will be transfered back to APO too.

Correct me If I have understood your requirement wrongly.

Regards,

Santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for your response.

Here are two doubts:

1. Is it possible to convert SNP planned orders into PPDS planned orders without any PPDS PDS/PPM? i think no, please confirm.

2. Is it possible to convert SNP planned orders to purchase requisitions without converting into PPDS planned orders?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. I think yes if in planning version settings it is allowed to create planned order without source of supply (/SAPAPO/MVM). But You cannot transfer this planned order to ECC.

2. Conversion of SNP planned order can be done in PPDS purchase requisition or planned order depending upon source of supply selected.

Only difference between SNP receipt element like planned order or purchase requisition is source of supply(PPM/pDS/Tlane)

When you are converting SNP order to PPDS using heuristic whether to adopt source of supply from SNP or indepdently carry out source determination in ppds can be controlled through above heuristics settings.

I am confused now as not getting what is exact requirement. Please give details to help you further.

Regards,

Santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Question is:

Is it possible to convert SNP planned orders into purchase requisitions without converting into PPDS planned orders?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes It is possible.

1.Maintain product specific transportation lane between plant and vendor location.or transport purchase infor record to APO.

2. Check setting of heuristic SAP_SNP_SNGL if use SNP source of supply checkbox is cheked uncheck it.

You can try out in test system to confirm the same.

Regards,

Santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much for your inputs.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

I am getting an error when I convert planned order to purchase requisition (subcontracting info record as source of supply):

u201COrder has incorrect receipt quantityu201D and u201CActivity not validu201D.

Procurement type is X, We model the subcontracting as Production at the subcontractor, to do so we created another production version, with a BoM but without recipe and assigned production version to Subcontracting info record.

Please, note that error only happens when I manually switch source of supply from Planned Order (PDS) to Purch Requisition (Info Record), no problem observed if i switch from purchase requisition to planned order. Additionally If I created purchase requisition or planned order manually at first, no error is shown either.

Thanks

Carlos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Carlos,

If you are working with production at subcontractor(subcontracting with source location). You need to create one dummy workcenter trasfer it to APO. Also assin this workcenter in master receipe and transfer PDS to APO.

You can skip maintaining workcenter if you work with production in receiving location.

Regards,

Santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

Thanks a lot for your answer.

Product procurement type is X, it can be subcontracted and in house produced.

I have modelled subcontracting in these 3 ways, - Production at Receiving plant: Only InfoRecord and BoM

- Production at Subcontractor location:

- Info Record and Production Version only with BoM

- Info Record and Production Version with Master Recipe (dummy resource assigned to the operation/phase and BoM)

and always i get the error when i change source of supply from PDS to InfoRecord (Planned Order to Purch Req).

"Order has incorrect receipt quantity" and "Activity not valid

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Carlos,

In case production at subcontractor,

1. Can you check activity times are correctly mentioned in master receipe as acitivity invalid error comes sometimes when activity duration are too high and activity dates goes behoynd PPDS horizon.

2. For Rest of cases check times mentioned in Transportation lane planned delivery time or mode of trasport time.

Make sure scheduling strategy you are using with backward+reverse direction.

Regards,

Santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

Thanks for you feedback. I tried all the possibilities and problem was not solved. SAP recommended me to implement a SAP note and it now works fine.

Note is 1330640.

If somebody faces this issue in the future, we are using version 5.1 package 8.

Thanks again for your support.

CTF

Answers (0)