cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue when printed through real printer(landscape mode printed as portrait)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Techies,

I have developed a invoice (smartforms) in which I have used page foemat as landscape for all pages. There are total 3 pages I have created, Page 1, 2 & 3, out of which page 2 & 3 are same (except the next page option).

When I am getting the invoice printed on real printer, I am getting as 1st printed page in landscape mode, But from 2nd page onwards it is getting printed as portrait mode.

Is this problem related to printer settings. As I have used a single page to define all the invoices items page ( with landscape mode).

What should I do to resolve this issue?

Any help is appreciable.

Thanks & Regards,

Vinit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

aidan_black
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vinit,

Which device type do you use to create the print? If you use a windows device type like SAPWIN or SWINCF, then it is likely that this is a problem of the windows printer driver.(see SAP note 134364)

If the printer is a HP laserjet printer, try using device type HPLJ4000. Try also changing the windows printer driver used when printing via SAPWIN.

Regards,

Aidan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you check it again,

1. Go to Txn. SMARTFORMS... enter your form name

2. Under "Pages and Windows" Double click on your First Page...

3. Now go to the "Output Options" tab...

4. Here please check under "Print Attributes" flag...."Portrait Format"

Regards

GK.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ghana,

I guess you didnt go thorugh the question correctly. I have already mentioned that I have kep all the pages print attributes as 'Landscape'.

My first page is getting printed fine with front end containing invoice details and back page containing "terms & conditions". But from next invoice page onwards, it is getting printed in portrait mode. But I want to get all the pages printed in landscape mode.

I hope u will undertsnad the problem now.

Regards,

Vinit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you check in all the page windows again.. and also please chek the following..

Have you maintained any values in the Field "Print Mode" if so delete it :Default:No change of Print Mode

Regards

GK.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gnana,

Yes I have used print mode for Page 1 as "D" cos I want terms & conditions to be printed on back of each page.

If I remove "D" from 1st page, how will it work for back to back page printing?

Any suggestions?

Regards,

Vinit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Check the following:

se73 -> Printer Fonts -> <device type>.

PrtCtl.1 normally contains the command for Portrait and PrtCtl.2

contains the command for Landscape. usually these are the same command.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kenneth,

Thanks for your reply!!!

I am using smartforms for the development. Can you guide what has to be done. transaction se73 can be used for smartform printing???

If possible give me details of what should be done as this issue needs to be resolved 2day itself...

Thanks & Regards,

VInit