cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BI Refresh of QAS from PRD for an MCOD Database

0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are currently trying to refesh our BI QAS system with a copy from BI PRD.

Our environment is as follows:

BI DEV - BI 7, Windows 2003 x64, Oracle 10.2

BI QAS - BI 7, Windows 2003 x64, Oracle RAC 10.2

BI PRD - BI 7, Windows 2003 x64, Oracle RAC 10.2

Our Oracle RAC databases are MCOD and also contain Solution Manager, ECC6 and SRM.

We want to refresh the BI QAS with a copy of BI PRD, I have run a client Copy Export (scc8) with option sap_all and imported this into BI QAS (we have to use this mentod as the remote Client Copy will not work due to geopgraphical locations and network performance), the import works fine and the post processing via scc7 has all completed sucessfully, but the cubes etc and data do not change.

I have seen in messages in Forums etc that the only alternative is to use a System Copy but this is not really an option as we do not want to re-fresh all of Solution Manager, SRM, ECC and BI by refreshing our MCOD database.

Any options/ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Simon.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

0 Kudos

I've done the Export of the BI data out of the MCOD database (after alot of issues) but now when I try to run the Import using SAPINST following the following options:

- SAP Netweaver 7.0 Support Release 3

- Additional Software Life-Cycle Tasks

- System Copy

- Oracle

- Target System

- High-Availability System

-Based on AS ABAP

- Database Instance

And go through the questions and point to the Exported Data I then get the option to re-create the Database, which I don't want to do as this is already has 4 other schemas in it for ECC, SRM, SM and Portal.

Why is it prompting me to create a new DB and not allowing me to import the data into the existing datgabase?

Thanks

Simon.

0 Kudos

Yeah I saw that blog the other day, but there not too much info in it, so I have started the sapinst and looked at the option, unfortunately this is a High Availablity cluster as well, so looks like I may have to re-install all parts of the cluster as well, which is more than I wanted to do just for a simple system refresh.

Thanks

Simon.

0 Kudos

So system copy it is then, but would we be able to use SAPINST to export the ABAP data out of PRD and then use the SAPINST system copy/migration option to import it back into the QAS environment? Rather than having to move all the MCOD DB?

Thanks

Simon.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, Simon. Few days ago I was going through few blogs and found the following which could shed some light on your situation

/people/rishi.narayanan3/blog/2010/04/12/my-tryst-with-an-mcod-db-refresh

I know it would be a very tricky one but please update the thread with the approach you followed and the result.

Former Member
0 Kudos

check the following thread

Former Member
0 Kudos

I remember one blog was there in recent months only.

Search and go through once

Regards,