cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change description general ledger master data not possible for some languag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We have a lot of language translation on tab Key word/translation for all G/L accounts. English is our log in language. When we want to change the description in Finnish, Norwegian and Danish this is not possible (this lines are grey, only display mode). We can´t remove these lines and we can´t change them. It is possible for all other languages except this languages and English. Does anyone have a clue why this is not possible?

Thanks in advance!

BR L

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solution found. The languages were inactivated for some reason.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Use the T.code OB48 and select maintain the Logon Lang

and save it

Note : And check your group chart of account curreny as well as operating chart of account curreny it must be same in the English only

ofter that try to chage it and replace it after make changes

I hope it will helps you

Regards

vamsi

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

are you able to create a new description in FS00 for these languages? And which SAP release do you use?

Best regards, Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

No, I can´t create a new description either. If I try I get the error message "Description already exists in language XX".

Our release: 6.0, level 17.

BR L

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lisa,

I was asking if you can maintain a new description (for an account number where no description in one of the mentioned languages is entered) so the message "Description already exists in language XX" should not appear in that case...

In general, account descriptions are stored (for chart of accounts / language key) in table SKAT thus you can check the entries already available.

Did you contact the user-authorization responsible which authorization objects are assigned? FS00 contains authorization objects for account auth. group (F_SKA1-BES), company code (F_SKA1_BUK) and the whole chart of accounts (F_SKA1_KTP), maybe some change authorization (activity 02) is missing?

Best regards, Christian

Edited by: Christian Ortner on Nov 22, 2010 1:06 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Lisa,

Have a look if transaction

FST2 Change ad language to G/L account

is working.

I used this one for mass loads with an LSMW to ad a new language

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Thanks all for your help. In transaction FST2 it is possible to delete the translations into Danish, Finnish and Norwegian and then it is possible to enter it again in FS00. It is also possible to change in FST2 to correct translation. Then we can do this. But my question is why it is not possible to change in FS00? We have all SAPALL so there is no authorization problem either.

BR L

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lisa I can create, change delete them with FS00.

The only thing I had to click on the change button and when save it is going back to the display mode (click again on the change button)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

Yes, but I can´t from FS00. Does anyone know why this is not possible from FS00?

BR L

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lisa,

looks strange, the SAP-systems I know work like Paul explained...

Up to now my opinion was that FS00 and FST2 work similar so if a change is not possible in one T-code it is not using the other one as well...

Maybe SAP can through some light on this (SAPNET-message)? Keep us updated please.

best regards, Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

I will update you, I promise, but I will search a bit more first. What I forgot to say was that we have patch the system from 6.0 level 10 to 17 and after the patch we saw this. Does that say you anything then? Do you recommend SAP?

BR L

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lisa,

I just checked an ECC600 system which was patch-updated from 15 to 18 last week, everything fine there regarding FS00/FST2.

If you can exclude user-authorization as a root-cause for this case and as you are able to reproduce the case raise a SAP-message.

I've no idea why this happens (assuming that there are no modifications made that affect the system behaviour...).

Best regards, Christian