cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect Sales order line item assignment to the Planned order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am creating a sales order & then MRP run to get planned orders.

The sales order has one assembly line item, which is a configurable material. Inside the configuration of the assembly, I maintain some components. After saving it explodes and the same components reflect below line items of the assebly in sales order.

Now if I run MRP there is a requirement for the component and so the planned order is created for the component. But If I open the planned order & see inside its Assignment view, there is correct sales order number, but the line item its showing is that of Assembly and not of the component. Why ? Is there any wrong in configuration or any wrong in planning type ?

I checked correct Item category is used.

MRP Type - PD

Correct requirement type is used in procurement view.

I think what ever is comming is standard SAP functionality. But I am not sure.

The client is saying, thie is wrong and because of this the warehouse guy is picking the wrong material (As the line number is wrong).

Please suggest here.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

aramsum
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sambit,

Normally Planned order gets created based on the requirment class if an order type is assigned in the requirment class(Transaction "OVZG"). But if you are running the MRP using MD02 , it will depend on the MRP parameters of the MRP Group/Plant. Kindly please check the transaction" OPPR" and "OPPQ". Kindly please let me know if you need any more information on this.

Regards,

Ram Pedarla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

Yes order type PS02 is assigned to the requirement class corresponding to Assembly.

But order type is blank for the requirement type correspoding to the component.

aramsum
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sambit,

Thats why system is taking the Assembly item. You just tell the same thing and also If you want to try in development , you just maintain a planned order type in the requirment class coreesponding to the requirment type( You can get the requirment type in the "Shipping Tab" in the main screen , not at the item level) and check the requirment class corresponding to it (OVZH, OVZG) and check the requirment class. As the requirment class does not have the Planned order assigned to it for the component and the requirment class of the assembly header has the Planned order type is assigned to it, system is creating a planned order for the assembly. Kindly please let me know if you need any more infromation on this.

Regards,

Ram Pedarla

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Ram,

Considering your below statement:

"As the requirment class does not have the order type assigned to it for the component and the requirment class of the assembly header has the order type is assigned to it, system is creating a planned order for the assembly". You may be correct and this is why the planned orders for component still showing the line number of the assembly (in assignment view of the planned order).

In such a case if the client wants, the planned order of component should only display the linenumber/position of componet & not line number of assembly then what would be the best solution ?

1. Sall I recommend to include order type in the requirement class corresponding to component ? (Requrement class is starting with Nomenclature Y) - But in this case will it impact some more functionality ?

2. Any alternative method ?

3. Can you please explain the significance of defining the order type in requirement class.

aramsum
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sambit,

We assign the Ordet type(Production order/ Planned order/ Network) to the requirment class to let the system know that for the material which has this requirment class , system chould create a Planned/ Procustion order. When you assign this normally system should create it automatically based on the settings. Requirment class comes from the requirment type which comes from the Item category and MRP type(*Genarally). Also check if there is any startegy Group assigned to the material in the material master and also the MRP group. Check the strtegy group defualts in the transaction "OPPS"(rEQUIRMENT TYPE /class FOR CUstome requirments). The best thing you could do is make the screen shots of the assembly header and the component's requirment classes and tell the business that based on this sytem is creating the planned order.And also check the plant parameters and the MRP group parameters in "OPPQ" and "OPPR" respectively. Kindly please let me know if you need any more infromation on this.

Regards,

Ram Pedarla