cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback ASAP please- Question on delivery creation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a scenario where i created a new SO document type and a new delivery type by copying existing entries.

Example - new SO type A and delivery type B.

existing SO type - C , delivery type D and delivery item category J

When i created a new SO type A, i created a new item category X as well.

So after i defined the new delivery type, the item category X was there in delivery item categories as well. I did not define a new delivery item category.

In Delivery item category determination, i assigned the item category Z to delivery type B.

Item category group - NORM and Usage - "CHSP"

Then i maintained copy controls from SO A and delivery type B.

I created a SO for SO type A. When i went to create the delivery, i got an error message.

It says

No item category exists (Table T184L J NORM "CHSP")

Item category determination not possible with J, NORM, ,

Please note J- is the item category of the existing delivery type, from which i copied to create the new types.

Have i missed a configuration steps?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

aramsum
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kase,

From your message I could see that you have createda new delivery item cateogry and maintained the copy controls between "TAN" and " J"(Whate ever is the delivery item category). But have you maintained the entries in delivery item category determinattion on the transaction "0184"(it is "ZERO" not "O"). Kindly go to the transaction "0(ZERO)184 and maintain the entries. System will not throw any error message then. Kindly please let me know if you need any more information on this.

Regards,

Ram Pedarla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

thank u for the feedback.

Yes, i have already maintained entries.

Delivery type - My new del type

Item category group- NORM

Usage - CHSP

Item category of the higher-level item - new item cat which was copied from SO level

Default Item cat for delivery -new item cat which was copied from SO level

I am getting the error, after doing the above steps as well.

aramsum
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kase,

Why you are maintaining the Higher level item category as the new item category?

The steps should be like this.

1) If you have copied a sales document type from the existing sales document type9Check the delivery type assigned to it in the transaction "VOV8") and check if all the copy controls are maintained.

2) If you have copied a delivery type for creating a new delivery type and clicked on copy entries , check what is the source item category and the proposed item category in the copy controls "VTLA" .

3)Check "VOV4" and see if the sales order item category determination has been maintained with the item categoy group and the new sales document type in case if you have created a new sales document type.

4) check "0VLP" if the new item category(Proposed item category for the delivery type) has been maintained or not and if it has been, check "0184" and also check "ovvw" and see if the usage exists and also check the determination with the usage. Kindly please let me know if you need any more information on this.

Regards,

Ram Pedarla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

Thank you for the feedback.

I assigned the delivery type to the new order type.

I was able to create the delivery and save.

Thank you.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

<< Moderator message - Please do not ask for help ASAP. Everyone's problem is important >> Rob