cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Content Server 6.40 Build 201, Content Repositories on defined

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear colleagues,

I am working with SAP Content Server 6.40/6.30 on several platforms.

Until today I thought that when a Content Repository changes it's status to "defined" the storing of content (documents) on the repository is not possible. But now I got this strange behavior, that 3 Content Servers are changing there status to "defined" and as soon that somebody tries to store a content or I ran the RSCMST report the repository changes again to "running" with now error.

Can somebody explain that behavior? Was my assumption not correct?

Btw. The servers I'm talking about are all Windows 2003 R2 systems with MaxDB and/or Filestorage. I monitored that only sometimes before the repository jumps to "defined" a error "NIECONN_REFUSED" occurs. I was monitoring the servers over day, by setting the CS Trace to full, but nothing usable (means no errors) have been traced.

Thanks in advanced and best regards

Toby

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Toby,

It works as designed. For example in case a content server was restarted, then all repositories will get state 'defined' and with first access they will change theire state to running. Means your assumption was not correct.

Best regards,

Dagmar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Dagmar,

Thank you for the your answer. Sometimes it's just nice the get a second opinion.

kind regards

Toby