Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding CPPR and DMS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I am working on ERP EHP6.0 and SRM7.0

I believe, CPPR function has the ability to transfer the file attachment in header level and item level

from ERP to SRM system. Customer has chance of attaching different files in header/item level to access different department like SD/MM/SRM etc

I know storing files in database is burden and so planning for storing it in File server or Archive server(like sap content server or ixos). Again if you use Archive server then we need DB to be installled and managed.So thinking of storing files in SAP file server or any file server.

I have few questions in my mind.

1)If we use CPPR how we can store the files in File server?

2)Do we need DMS configuration to setup for this?

3)If we store the files in fileserver how the SAP system and Fileserver will be integrated to store.

(using any archive concept/DMS concept)

Appreciate your response.

Regards

Chandra

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prince,

SAP DMS is a cross-application and works separately. It's having a content server only related to dms transactions. There is no any automatic linkage with any other system like CPPR. When you uplaod document into SAP DMS , it can be viewed only in DMS screens.

Hope this will help.

Regards,

Ravindra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravindra

Thanks for your reply.

Just wondering how CPPR will take care of attachments from ERP to SRM and SRM to ERP.

I think DMS is not required with CPPR scenario, But wondering how the physical files are store in CPPR scenario.

Is that possible to store in SAP application server or Third party server like OPEN TEXT for sharing.

CPPR communicates with ERP and SRM using XI with xml messages?

I dont have enough document in CPPR to explain about the architecture and technical settings behind it.

Regards

Chandra

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks,giving points