cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adaptive RFC model connectivity to SAP R/3 4.6 B

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are developing a new webdynpro application which uses the backend R/3 version is 4.6B using Adaptive RFC model.

We are able to connect to Web As systems without any issues but getting error messages while creating the Adaptive RFC model to R/3 4.6 B system as backend.

Appreicate your help.

Message was edited by: Udaya Chada

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks guys. I guess I have to rephrase my question...

We are able to create Adaptive RFC connections to SAP Web AS systems but in R/3 4.6 B case we are getting the error "Name or password incorrect. Please re-enter".

My question is do we need apply any patch to R/3 system or extra config in any place...

Thanks in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I think SLD,s/w Catalog and Creating Logical Systems were Configured,

Go through the Following Steps Like,

-- General Data, Enter the Client of the System and Client No. (JCo Connection is Pointing to)

--J2EE Cluster, Select the J2EE Cluster you wish the JCo destination to be assigned

-- Select the Destination Type, Either Application/Dictionary data

-- Appl.Server, You may only select Servers/Logon Groups From the Drop down list that have first been defined as technical Systems in SLD.

-- Message Server, Application Data JCo destination is connected must have atleast one logon group.( if this is not done ,use SMLG transaction code to create in SAP System)

--Security, If you have selected connection Type as Application Data , then in the Security Screen you would appear Authentication Techniques and select a appropriate one .

if you have selected connection type as a Dictionary meta data then provide User Name and Password

If this is useful to you ,don't forget to award Points

--Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

can you explain what error message is shown

Kind Regards

Mukesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please go through the following Link which contains one PDF Document. It explains step by step process for how to connect R/3 System through Dynpro.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/library/webdynpro/creating...

Kind Regards,

S.Saravanan.

Message was edited by: Saravanan S