cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solution Manager 7 EHP1 - Chage Host name and IP Address

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have installed Solution Manager 7 EHP1 (ABAP+JAVA Stack) on Windows 2003 64bit and working fine.

I need to change HOST name and IP Address of the machine.

In SAP where I need to change or reconfig ?

Thanks in advance,

Nirav

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nirav,

first of all: welcome to a big adventure!

There are some configurations you should face and prepare yourself before you change the hostname, or IP-Adress.

1. Be aware of the SMD-Agents. You should activate the Maintenace Mode in Diagnostics just before changing the hostname.

2. Do the changes in ABAP (profile parameters, transport configurations, RFC-connection settings, reorganization of table entries). The systemcopy guide is a good place for informations. Don't forget to recreate the trusted connections to and from the connected managed systems.

3. Do the changes in Java (use system copy guide for informations).

4. Every SMD-Agent in your system landscape must be reconfigured after you change the hostname and did the adjustments in ABAP and Java. Have look into the Diagnostics setup Guide for a detailed information about changing the conection parameters

5. If you are using a central DBACOCKPIT management in SolMan and Oracle, the TNSNAMES entry should be changed.

6. SAP likes to connect to SolMan, so the SAPROUTER entries schould be changed also.

7. Perhaps you are monitoring your system landscape with SAPCCMS Agents, then all agents in your landscape have to be changed in their configurations.

8. I have BI installed within SolMan and got an error page after changeing the hostname. Try this URL to make some corrections:

http://<hostname>:<Port>/webdynpro/dispatcher/sap.com/tcsmde2ewa/E2ewaConfig

Changing the hostname of SolMan isn't a small job and done in 60s. I suggest a detailed planning and to make a roadmap of all doings.

Have a lot of fun!

Sascha

TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear

Please check thread [|].

It's not officially supported, it's possible though.

System copy is advised procedure to get the same result (and safer that you don't miss out entries or having problems afterwards).

Kind regards

Tom