cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect Sales order line item assignment to the Planned order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am creating a sales order (basically a project order) & then MRP run to get planned orders.

The sales order has one assembly line item, which is a configurable material. Inside the configuration of the assembly, I maintain some components. After saving it explodes and the same components reflect below line items of the assebly in sales order.

Now if I run MRP there is a requirement for the component and so the planned order is created for the component. But If I open the planned order & see inside its Assignment view, there is correct sales order number, but the line item its showing is that of Assembly and not of the component. Why ? Is there any wrong in configuration or any wrong in planning type ?

I checked correct Item category is used.

MRP Type - PD

Correct requirement type is used in procurement view.

Please help here.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sambit,

1)

The concept of automatic generation of a network / WBSE for a SO line item is Assembly Processing.

If you are running MRP directly against the SO then what is the use of creating a Network / WBSE ??

Also, using assembly processing you can directly trigger a planned / production order without running MRP.

(Check requirement classes 200 / 201 in standard SAP)

If you want to generate a network or a WBSE then the Production process shall be via network (a network can act as a Production order)

check your requirement.

The approach of SD -- PS & a parallel SD -- PP is not the correct sceanrio to be followed as per me.

2)

Regarding item categories, check with your SD consultant.

You can have levels of item categories & out of them some can be made relevant for delivery & some not.. as per requirement.

regards

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

1.If the Sales Order is a Project Order ( what do you mean by Project Order), then MRP against Sales order is not required.

2. BOM explosion added sub components to the sales order as separate line items. Do you have superior & sub item category concept? If you have it, are all the sub items independently relevant for delivery? If not, the assignment system is giving is correct.

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krisap,

Thanks for reply.

To clarify your points:

1. When I save my sales order automatically Netowrk gets created and WBS element & all get assigned to it. So this way I am creating the project order out of the sales order (But I think this information is not much important to resolve our issue). MRP is run to created procument proposals and its required here.

2. What do you mean by superior & sub item category concept ? Also please explain how can I check this, as I am new to SAP PS. Also tell me how can I check if all the sub items independently relevant for delivery or not ?