cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CCMS Alert Monitor (edit monitor-configuration.xml. ?)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends

I'm trying to change the default polling time for the CCMS Alert Monitor, 5 minutes instead of 30 minutes.

In http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/en/e5/5d1741b393f26fe10000000a1550b0/content.htm you can read:

Accuracy

The default polling period for the monitor is 30 minutes. If you want to have shorter polling periods, you can change them in the SAP NetWeaver Administrator as follows:

1. Choose Availability and Performance Management ® Resource Monitoring ® Java System Reports (alias: /nwa/java-sys-reports).

2. Select an arbitrary Number of errors entry in the monitoring tree of the Adapter Engine (leaf node).

3. Choose Configuration in the right-hand pane.

4. Choose Edit in the dialog box that appears.

5. Change the polling period to 5 minutes, for instance.

6. Choose Save and wait until saving is finished (be patient, since this may take a while).

7. Choose Configuration Management ® Infrastructure Management ® Java Configuration Browser.

8. Choose apps ® sap.com ® com.sap.aii.af.app ® Monitoring Configurator ® monitor-configuration.xml.

9. In the xml file, change the polled-by-template period to the same value as above, for example, 5 minutes.

10. Save the modified xml file.

11. Choose Operations Management ® Infrastructure Management ® Start & Stop ® Java EE Services to restart the Monitoring service to apply the changes.

But in step 9, the xml file I've found in my PI 7.1 (SP6) is this:

<monitor-configuration>

<monitor-semantics />

<monitor-tree />

</monitor-configuration>

Also, there is no way to modify that file, you can only display it or download it.

can anyone tell me how to edit the file.

regards

raja

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

jayanth_velugati
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

Can you please provide the content of monitor-configuration.xml to monitor Adapter Engine messages .

Thanks,

Jai

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi friends

If we cannot do it in NWA tool. just do it in Configtool and restart the system .

i have resolved with the help of configtool.

thanks

regars

raja

v_veeramalla
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Iam also facing the same problem , how do you resolved with configtool?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

This is the same as doing the following:

You can locate the monitor-configuration.xml file in the SDA com.sap.aii.af.app.sda (inside META-INF folder). You can find this SDA in the install directory of PI installation. In this XML file please locate and edit the following tag:

<template-info template-name="SAP_XIJ2EE_RCRDS">

<polled-by-template period="30" unit="MINUTE">

<generating-resource

name="com.sap.aii.utilxi.rtcheck.mx.standard.XIJ2EEComponentMBean" type="APPLICATION"/>

<template-attribute-mapping>

<invoked-resource-method name="getMonitoringRecords"/>

</template-attribute-mapping>

</polled-by-template>

</template-info>

• Change the above to the following *************

<template-info template-name="SAP_XIJ2EE_RCRDS">

<polled-by-template period="5" unit="MINUTE">

<generating-resource

name="com.sap.aii.utilxi.rtcheck.mx.standard.XIJ2EEComponentMBean" type="APPLICATION"/>

<template-attribute-mapping>

<invoked-resource-method name="getMonitoringRecords"/>

</template-attribute-mapping>

</polled-by-template>

</template-info>

• The main change is the polled-by-template value from 30 mins to 5 mins as per your req ******

Construct back the SDA (you can search SDN for that) with this edited XML and then redeploy this SDA with the help of JSPM tool.

This will re-start the PI Server for the changes to come into effect.

I hope this helps.

PS: You can consult your BASIS consultant to locate this sda and re-deploy it on PI Server.

Regards, Gaurav.