cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to do the congf for Task Management in workcenter for CSA?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

How do the configuration for Task Management in workcenter?

i am trying to conf Central System Administration --for Short dumps,system logs,

when i check this solman_workcenter ->system Administration ->Task Management

application area:Central System Administration

problem:

when i click on ->Show Tasks

Overdue On Active On Created On Completed On

not able to get any data in:

Application Area Task ID

Short Text

Start Date

Due Date

Status

Priority

Processed By

Created By

Created On

Plz help me to solve this problem

Regards,

Neni

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Dear Neni,

In order to start the CSA Setup and Configuration, please go to the System Adminsitration Workcenter, click on Task Management -> task Management Views -> Setup CSA. Then choose the solution and click on the link to access the

CSA Setup session.

Alternatively you can also to do the configuration in DSWP, in the setup operations area, please see the following document for details:

www.service.sap.com/rkt-solman --> SAP Solution Manager 7.0: ->Learning Map for Technology Consultants & System Administrators -> System Monitoring / Administration

-> Central System Administration - Customizing

https://websmp104.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700006932602005E.sim

You can also find some further details in the following additional documents:

www.service.sap.com/rkt-solman --> SAP Solution Manager 7.0 - EHP1 -> Operations with SAP Solution Manager

--> Work Centers System Administration, System Monitoring, and System Landscape - Details

https://websmp104.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700001940352008E

--> Monitoring the SAP Business Suite - 4

https://websmp104.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700001940332008E

I hope this clarifies your question,with kind regards,

Marta

SolMan Team

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have done all the confg for CSA,but still i am not able to see for -- Active On Created On Completed On ?

I created Custom Tasks for solution Test solution system SMG(R/3 system) in SM9(Solman system):

- SM12

- SM37

- ST22

They should show up tomorrow in the "By Timing" view in "System Administration" assuming that their frequency is "daily"

I have unchecked "SAP default tasks" in CSA set up because it's not customizable and contains too many extra tasks

please help me to solve this problem.

Regards,

Neni

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

How to use 'Copy Customizing in CSA?

i have give the traget ,souce and solution name then Copy mode but when i try to save this it says

"Copy Customizing only possible in Entire View"

Please help me to solve this...

Regards,

Swaroop

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Swaroop,

Are you

1) Copying Customizing from System ?

2) Copying Customizing to System?

3) Copying Customizing to Solution?

You said you provided the Target System, Source and Solution Name, however the parameters

for Copying Customizing to System are Target Solution, Target System and Target Transaction.

Copy Customizing

Purpose

To copy Customizing settings from a source system as a template to the current session structure, or from the current system to a different system in a solution, or to all systems of an entire solution. The following Customizing settings apply:

- 'Task Log Book Customizing'

- 'Own Task Views'

- 'Task Frequencies'

- 'Company-Specific Task Descriptions'

- 'User-Defined Tasks Groups'

Procedure

The 'Copy Customizing' function is possible only in the 'entire view.'

To start copying the Customizing settings, select one of the tables:

- "Copy Customizing from System"

- "Copy Customizing to Systems"

- "Copy Customizing to Solutions"

- "Copy Mode"

To indicate which content you want to copy, select the following in the "Copy Mode" table:

a. Only general session Customizing (for example, task frequencies)

b. Only self-defined user tasks

c. Both: General session Customizing and self-defined user tasks

(If nothing has been selected in the "Copy Mode" table, both general session Customizing and self-defined user tasks will be copied.)

By using the 'Copy Customizing to Solutions' function, the Customizing settings for the source system will be copied to each system contained in the target solution landscape.

Always use the input help (F4), double-click systems to select them, and then choose "Save".

If you select the 'Copy to' function, the data will be copied to the target system when you call the session 'Central System Administration' for the target system, and not directly when you save the check table here.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Paul